Dragoncrest Cliffs being around angry people relaxes me because i know where i stand.
461 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Birdcatcher
Warrior
Helix did not force a conversation between them, for which Artaax was mildly grateful. He didn't particularly care if she did wish to question him, but that would've changed the moment she did decide to do so, at which point he would be aggravated. Minutes passed though, and the silence lingered until it felt almost comfortable in that he nearly forgot she was even at his side in his disregard for her presence.

And that's why I feel like I need to throw a wrench in here.

Most of Artaax's border patrols yielded him nothing of any interest. There was of course the usual smattering of random scents that he took his time inspecting further, but he rarely felt any sort of alarm over them (except for when he took the scent of a fox way too seriously because he was just that bored). Today  was different. Today's scent made him pause with tensed muscles and rising hackles. Today's scent was canid - not wolf, but similar... coyote. A low growl rumbled in his chest as his eyes narrowed and he lifted his gaze to his surroundings, readying himself for a hunt.

He was going to be real surprised to discover Helix was still with him.