Otatso Wetlands my life, my love, my drive, it came from pain
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She deflated – the sigh that escaped her, the words she spoke. He studied her, his features remaining emotionless as he battled his thoughts. During the months of their time together, during the days of Donnelaith.. Constantine had awaited the perfect time to make the grand statement of his affections for her. To let her know he wanted to court her – so show her that there could be good in the world, and not just spiralling doubt and self-worth.

That moment had never seemed to come, and he realized that it was here now – shadowed by the knowledge that there was never a perfect moment, but only the moment of opportunity. In that moment, he could go to her.. He could cradle her against him, tell her it would be alright – they would build her new memories together. He could tell her she belonged at his side, where she had always been the after his father had died. He could forsake everything – pull her in to his grasp and make love to her, deal with the consequences of it all later.

He could. And in that moment, he believed she would even let him.

But he wouldn’t.

The champagne eyes of his dragoness had filled with tears at his temporary retreat. He loved Aria… He realized now that he likely always would. But he also loved his mate, and it was to her that he had made a promise.

He allowed the moment to drift away, his own thick form stock still before his eyes finally pulled away from her. He swallowed thickly, feeling the electricity of the air between the two, and forcing himself to move again. To scout. They had left for a reason. “Not in so many words, no,” he rumbled. “And I don’t know what more I can do to prove myself to her.”
all you have is your fire
Messages In This Thread
RE: my life, my love, my drive, it came from pain - by Aria - September 26, 2018, 12:49 PM
RE: my life, my love, my drive, it came from pain - by Aria - September 26, 2018, 01:57 PM
RE: my life, my love, my drive, it came from pain - by Aria - September 26, 2018, 03:04 PM
RE: my life, my love, my drive, it came from pain - by Aria - September 26, 2018, 06:49 PM
RE: my life, my love, my drive, it came from pain - by Aria - September 26, 2018, 07:39 PM
RE: my life, my love, my drive, it came from pain - by Aria - September 26, 2018, 08:02 PM
RE: my life, my love, my drive, it came from pain - by Aria - September 26, 2018, 09:38 PM
RE: my life, my love, my drive, it came from pain - by Constantine - September 28, 2018, 10:51 AM
RE: my life, my love, my drive, it came from pain - by Aria - September 28, 2018, 12:37 PM