Horizon Ridge insuring body parts isn't just for celebrities
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
One ear turns back when she hears rock scrape against rock and pebbles drift down a slight incline. Paws bring her to a stop a few seconds before the chuff travels the distance and, slowly, she turns her head to see what’s behind her. It’s been a few weeks since she’s been on the ridge and anything could have moved in during that time but as she glances up to a familiar face, she stares blankly across the way.

She can’t help but wonder if she hadn’t reunited with Eirlys and Ceallach, she might not know who stands upon the rubble. Mallaidh blinks a few times but doesn’t make a sound, slowly turning her form to face him head on but without closing the distance. Something doesn’t settle the pit of her stomach enough to keep from churning and she tightens her jaw, looking him over. He isn’t the same pale brother she remembers from long ago but all four of them changed and she can see the tundra in the brute ahead just as she could in their mother and sister, a fur pattern that hints at a similarity as hers.

Youthful features hardened by time, having been lost from their family even longer than her. She remembers the boy in the copse, if only briefly. It is Roarke that stands ahead of her, she knows it in her bones, but she always knows she doesn’t have a clue who he is after all this time.

For the first time since she's been lingering in the back of her head, she can't feel the presence of her mother and a vacant, cold emptiness hovers in its place.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
Messages In This Thread
insuring body parts isn't just for celebrities - by Mallaidh - September 30, 2018, 08:28 AM
RE: insuring body parts isn't just for celebrities - by Mallaidh - October 02, 2018, 07:31 PM