Sea Lion Shores You were alone
64 Posts
Ooc —
Her gaze dropped as she forced her stained paws towards the shadowed entrance, scalloped ribs heaving just a tad too quickly and betraying her fear, despite her efforts to hide it - gaze searching the confines of the cave for danger. 

Pain. Teeth clamping on her muzzle - unseen in the void. The wolfdog squirmed, a mute whimper dying in her throat.. It was not that she had forgotten to speak. A wall was thrown up within her mind, her subconscious slamming against it to scratch wildly, blocking the knowledge courtesy of the Sea's thrashing. She was as speechless as her father with his clipped cords. 

"Speak and I'll show you mercy," came the taunt. 

Kai swallowed, curling her dappled back against one of the stone walls. Her ragged ears pinned, the naiad stretched out to rest her head on her paws. Glass eyes sought the entrance, clinging to the light fervently. 

I am the stuff of the sea. You cannot drown me. 

She clung to the prayer, her foster mother's words, as if to banish his memory.

Her eyes glimmered with appreciation as they landed on Cry, for some part of her sensed that he was out of his element. Kai was careful to leave space between them, not wanting to make him any more uncomfortable than he already was. 

Tula, who had been a silent companion, seemed to sense her witch's discomfort, appearing before her with a small hop down.

The witch glanced at the bird, humming tonelessly, guturally. Tula, who associated the sound with affection, was quick to settle between the girl's paws. Kai rested her head over the bird, hugging her close as she tried to ignore the walls around her. 

The dryad was not completely successful, eyes lifting occasionally to glance at the claustrophobic walls as if to check they were not sealing her within a granite tomb.
"Will you fix me up? Can you show me hope?"

"Speech." "Mouthing/Body Language."
Messages In This Thread
You were alone - by Kai - October 11, 2018, 10:13 AM
RE: You were alone - by Cry - October 11, 2018, 12:59 PM
RE: You were alone - by Kai - October 11, 2018, 01:29 PM
RE: You were alone - by Cry - October 11, 2018, 02:10 PM
RE: You were alone - by Kai - October 11, 2018, 02:23 PM
RE: You were alone - by Cry - October 11, 2018, 02:44 PM
RE: You were alone - by Kai - October 11, 2018, 02:57 PM
RE: You were alone - by Cry - October 11, 2018, 03:47 PM
RE: You were alone - by Kai - October 12, 2018, 05:06 AM