Hushed Willows don't you know i'm no good for you
morpheus knows no mercy
214 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
She’d slept for a little while in the same place, simply too tired move, but it is still fitful and exhausting. Waking up a little while later, well into the night, she panics and jolts to stand. She moves, almost expecting to run into a cave wall, but she stumbles over her own feet and struggles to grasp her new surroundings. On the ground, she remains, taking a deep breath. Her ears twitch, her nose flares, and she realizes that she is far from the other wolves. She remembers Seabreeze’s soft voice but she can’t picture her, scrunching her eyes together. Slowly, she stands to her feet. They’re shaky, but she’s up, and she can try to settle her nerves as much as she can.

Qilaq doesn’t get far—she doesn’t know where she’s going—but she finds the comfort of the willows reassuring. She breaks through the wall and moves close to the trunk, her small body curling up and laying down. She thought, maybe, she’d leave and find somewhere else to go but she doesn’t think she’d get too far if she tried.

She sleeps there until morning.

When the sun breaks, she opens her eyes. She’s blocked from it by the shade but she’s still not used to the brightness.

It isn’t until the scent of blood touches her nose and she lowers her ears, uncertain. She does not uncurl from her position and looks up, seeing someone get closer. She’s light in color, carrying something in her mouth, and her heart beats faster and faster in her chest. Nothing happens, though, and the woman lowers to the ground and speaks in a tender tone. Qilaq doesn’t say anything, but does lift her air and scent the air. It’s the woman from yesterday, she knows this, but she stays in place as her stomach aches at the prospect of food.
she had a mind like a box of fireworks
and hands that played recklessly with matches
Messages In This Thread
don't you know i'm no good for you - by Seabreeze - October 28, 2018, 12:17 PM
RE: don't you know i'm no good for you - by Qilaq - October 28, 2018, 12:53 PM
RE: don't you know i'm no good for you - by Seabreeze - October 28, 2018, 01:21 PM
RE: don't you know i'm no good for you - by Qilaq - October 28, 2018, 01:33 PM
RE: don't you know i'm no good for you - by Seabreeze - November 11, 2018, 06:05 PM
RE: don't you know i'm no good for you - by Qilaq - November 11, 2018, 06:13 PM
RE: don't you know i'm no good for you - by Seabreeze - November 11, 2018, 06:19 PM
RE: don't you know i'm no good for you - by Qilaq - November 11, 2018, 06:38 PM
RE: don't you know i'm no good for you - by Seabreeze - November 11, 2018, 06:42 PM
RE: don't you know i'm no good for you - by Qilaq - November 11, 2018, 07:03 PM
RE: don't you know i'm no good for you - by Seabreeze - November 11, 2018, 07:08 PM
RE: don't you know i'm no good for you - by Qilaq - November 11, 2018, 07:23 PM
RE: don't you know i'm no good for you - by Seabreeze - November 15, 2018, 08:15 PM
RE: don't you know i'm no good for you - by Qilaq - November 17, 2018, 06:40 PM
RE: don't you know i'm no good for you - by Seabreeze - November 29, 2018, 09:15 PM
RE: don't you know i'm no good for you - by Qilaq - December 02, 2018, 06:00 PM