Stone Circle Circle around, because I got a list of mentions
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
While Steph had known this meeting was coming, she was still nervous about how her pack mates would receive her as Beta. She hadn't socialized with a lot of them, but that was something she was going to change. She sat with the group as her mother began speaking. She frowned through most of it, sad that Cebra had passed. 

When her own name was said, her ears perked and her wide eyes went to Valette. For a moment, she didn't move. But, then her brain caught up and she stood and walked to the front of the class Valette's side. She sat back on her haunches, and at first, she didn't meat the gazes of the others. But, she knew that was no way for a Beta to act. Squaring her shoulders, she lifted her head, gauging the reaction of the others. Some in her position might not care what the others thought. But, Steph did. She needed them for her success. If they did not support her, it was very possible she would fail.

Then she realized Valette had stopped talking and was looking at her. Her expression was confused for a moment, and then realization shined in her eyes. Oh, she was supposed to say something! She turned back to the members of Easthollow, silent for a moment before she began talking, her voice a little shaky as the blood started to rush through her veins. I realize that some might take this leadership position as an chance to throw their weight around, but that isn't what I want to make this, she began. If Valette has taught me anything, it's that being a leader doesn't mean you're the boss of everyone. It means that you have a great opportunity to guide others, lift them up when they're down, and to help them through troubling times. And that's what I intend to do. She took a deep breath, her heart pounding in her chest. She hoped her voice hadn't been too shaky. Could they see her nervousness? She tried to hide it, but wasn't sure if she was successful.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
Messages In This Thread
RE: Circle around, because I got a list of mentions - by Steph - October 31, 2018, 07:33 AM
RE: Circle around, because I got a list of mentions - by Ira - November 02, 2018, 02:33 PM