Lone Star Mountain i asked your name, you asked the time
7 Posts
Ooc — Jess
wc:562

The trio of wolf pups seemed to be entertained easily enough, but like with any creature, they also grew tired of one entertaining subject quickly enough, more quickly than he would have liked. Two of the wolf pups seemed content to listen to him and agree with him- the young female had even seemed quite complimented when he’d spoken about her fur, so he knew he’d gotten through to her. The darker male still spoke in some language he couldn’t understand, though it sounded vaguely like the same language the splotchy female had used earlier. Perhaps they were siblings, he supposed- or packmates in the very least. But though the male seemed kindly enough, the female had a different look about her. Fortunately, the lilac female actually seemed interested in him as a character, and less because he was a fox.

He smiled and nodded when she spoke, comparing him to the colour of lava. ”Yes. Well, sort of, my dear,” He hummed thoughtfully. ”We’re all born very near to volcanoes, see,” He said. He tipped his nose toward the mountain’s peak where it towered above them...Too far for the three of them to reach, likely, but the Todd could have managed the journey on his spry little legs. Climbing was no trick for him- even trees were his allies as he commonly used them to escape wolves when they decided to be predators, rather than act like cousins as they ought to. ”I...I can’t actually tell you much about it; our ties to the volcanoes must be kept secret, you know; only us foxes may know,” He said quietly, watching her out of the corner of his eye. But then the pale female spoke, and he knew he’d hoped for too much from these children.

He sighed heavily and looked at her tiredly. ”Must you be so immature?” He asked, rolling his shoulders as though to ready the muscles lest he find himself needing to get away in a hurry. ”You do we’re both canines, right? From the same family? Eating another canine is simply barbaric,[/b]” He said, the disdain present in his scolding voice. He hoped that using a tad of shame might smarten her up- and perhaps turn the other two wolves on her so that she would learn her lesson. ”For your information, I am a [i]sir, not an it. And just look at all we have in common,” He said, lifting each forepaw for them to see the claws there- permanently extended, just as theirs were, before he turned in a circle, showing them his form and his long, bushy tail. He bared his teeth momentarily in a grin. ”And you see these, too; these teeth eat meat, just as yours do.” He said, flicking his tongue across them in a slight threat. But no sooner had he bared his teeth than he had sheathed them, and had resumed his proper stature, sitting with his back slightly arched and tail wrapped curtly about his sooty paws. ”But if you don’t care to converse with a cousin, I’ll begone,” He said, tone slightly woebegone as he stood up and cast another glance to Eleuthra, the most reasonable of the group by far.
Messages In This Thread
i asked your name, you asked the time - by Eleuthera - November 01, 2018, 09:05 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Tux - November 01, 2018, 09:19 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Sequoia - November 01, 2018, 09:32 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by The Todd - November 01, 2018, 09:38 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Eleuthera - November 02, 2018, 09:37 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Tux - November 03, 2018, 09:54 AM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Sequoia - November 03, 2018, 11:21 AM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by The Todd - November 04, 2018, 02:08 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Eleuthera - November 05, 2018, 04:54 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Tux - November 15, 2018, 07:59 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Sequoia - November 21, 2018, 09:19 AM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by The Todd - November 22, 2018, 05:16 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Eleuthera - November 27, 2018, 12:46 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Tux - November 28, 2018, 08:09 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Sequoia - December 03, 2018, 09:46 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by The Todd - December 03, 2018, 10:20 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Eleuthera - December 06, 2018, 03:23 PM