King Elk Forest and those who chance upon it, should never step inside
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
Sojourn sounded like the sort of name Bat would have to steal someday. For now, though, she could only laugh sheepishly at his dry jab. She could've been embarrassed or felt stupid—and she was and did, a little bit—but it was more in her nature to find the humor in these situations. Probably thanks to Tegan's influence in her life.

"I mean," she rejoined, "Tegan isn't a stranger, so..." Ha, check! She paused, then explained, "He's my sidekick." That would probably bake Tegan's noodle, which secretly amused Bat. "And it'd be just like him to sneak up on me in some dark, creepy woods, but it was just you." And checkmate!

Sojourn didn't seem particularly impressed by the youngster's humor and it wasn't long before he pardoned himself and glided away into the dark woods. Bat licked her lips as she watched him go, then proceeded in the opposite direction, headed back to Tuktu Weir to tell Tegan about her spontaneous rendezvous and see if he'd taken out any sleepy beavers.

12/20: It looks like Sojourn's gone inactive, so I'm concluding for us!
Messages In This Thread
RE: and those who chance upon it, should never step inside - by Bat - November 30, 2018, 11:37 AM