Dragoncrest Cliffs i'll tell you how i knew
spectrelight
260 Posts
Ooc —
ty <3!
Opalia didn't say so, but was silently glad he followed along with her. She set her mismatched stare dead ahead, and probably harder than necessary to try to keep the sadness away. Listening to Dacio helped, too, she realized quickly.

Also helping was their shared sentiment.. to which she nodded somberly while unsure what to say yet. While she had usually done her best to contest him in many walks of life, simultaneously making him her closest sibling and her biggest, most immediate rival, but this was not one of those times. They were both wounded here. I hate it too, she eventually settled on, a simmering, seething sort of lick to her words that held much more to it. Dalia leaving hadn't made her so frustrated. At the time, it had seemed sudden, but looking back, this felt even worse somehow. Context was everything, apparently. Means Dalia cared enough about us... at least, she murmured, trying to tiptoe over those old wounds in favor of these fresher ones. Sequoia just had to act like she was better than us anyway, so guess our whole family and pack wasn't good enough for her, she grated, wrinkling her nose with a frown to match. How dare she? How dare she act like they didn't matter, and like they were not everything she could ever need?

She didn't understand why she would turn her back on them all. How she faced their father and simply left him with a goodbye before merrily (as Opalia envisioned it, happy to skip on off to her new ~better~ life with Wildfire and Kiwi's fantastical destinations of wherever-who-cares) was well beyond her. But she's wrong.. Just—ugh—how could she be so dumb... the girl complained, bordering on a want to rant on and on, but she refrained as she kept their pathway moving along slow, but steadily enough.

After that.. she kind of let silence settle through clenching teeth, but there was more on the edge of her tongue. She heaved another big sigh, exhausted about thinking over this mess and trying to not let it overwhelm her. Relax, shake it off, and let it go, she tried to think... Promise if ya ever have to be so stupid, you'll at least tell me before, okay? she asked, looking for her brother's face again to aim a hard stare his way. I will.. quieter, then, as she turned back to her forward progress over this stretch of border.
Messages In This Thread
i'll tell you how i knew - by Opalia - December 02, 2018, 02:30 AM
RE: i'll tell you how i knew - by Dacio - December 02, 2018, 04:42 AM
RE: i'll tell you how i knew - by Opalia - December 02, 2018, 08:49 PM
RE: i'll tell you how i knew - by Dacio - December 04, 2018, 01:23 PM
RE: i'll tell you how i knew - by Opalia - December 05, 2018, 02:06 AM
RE: i'll tell you how i knew - by Dacio - December 05, 2018, 02:15 PM
RE: i'll tell you how i knew - by Opalia - December 08, 2018, 12:13 AM
RE: i'll tell you how i knew - by Dacio - December 15, 2018, 10:56 AM
RE: i'll tell you how i knew - by Opalia - December 16, 2018, 02:43 AM
RE: i'll tell you how i knew - by Dacio - December 26, 2018, 12:01 PM
RE: i'll tell you how i knew - by Opalia - January 02, 2019, 11:24 PM