Heron Lake Plateau It’s a shame- it’s a crying shame them’s the brakes
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He growled back, louder, and his scowl returned.  Because no, she was not allowed to freaking talk back like that after running off and avoiding the pack for several days.  She had to know he was gonna be pissed, had to know he was gonna ask some hard questions, and since it all seemed to tie back to her mental state, it wasn't like that was going to heal the way a physical wound might.  There was just no way to visually tell.

She just seemed so pointedly immature to him now -- like she didn't realize the scope of her actions or the weight that was on her shoulders.  It made him impatient, which made his words pointedly controlled so could attempt to keep an even voice, The pack comes first.  Empathy comes second to making sure you're still fit to be a leader -- that the pack can trust you not to kick them out if they cause an accident, that I can trust you to not run away in a crisis again...  If you don't want to answer my questions, then me eventually politely asking if you'd want to step down for a while to sort out your trauma and put your life back together becomes an order instead.  Should I continue or not?  It's your choice.  The whole thing was sort of a Catch-22.  All that she'd shown him recently was that she didn't have the right perspective, and he definitely expected her to revolt at the idea of stepping down in the first place.  But if she did it herself and maybe realized that she was a worse loose cannon than Towhee?  Maybe there was a chance she'd grow.  Right now he didn't trust her at all.  He'd rather walk beside the Blackfeather wolf because at least their corruption was reasonably predictable.
Messages In This Thread
RE: It’s a shame- it’s a crying shame them’s the brakes - by Quixote - December 11, 2018, 11:43 PM