Overture Downs why because you dance like a wounded giraffe.
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Gannet had come a long way confidence wise in the last year, but he still had a long way to go too. And Liffey's question brought it all back; he didn't hear the hope in her tone. All he heard was an offer he hadn't expected to come genuinely from her because he was so convinced of his own idea of what had happened back when they left.

You don't have to. he said, and while his tone was honest, some of his unsureness showed. I know you guys left, and I don't mind. You don't have to feel bad. I'm ok.

They'd left the Moonspear and only asked those they wanted to go with them, and Gannet had assumed his own lack of invitation was because, like Hydra and the rest, he was a part of Liffey's life she'd rather have left behind. He didn't need to follow. He could find a home for himself somewhere where he could be happy, he imagined, and right now he was just happy knowing that she was happy. And that he could at least still say hi.
Gannet's face and body are open books; you are more than welcome to distinctly notice any emotion written in his posts.
(Most thread titles come from Into the Fire from the Scarlet Pimpernel)
Messages In This Thread
why because you dance like a wounded giraffe. - by Liffey - December 20, 2018, 06:14 PM
RE: why because you dance like a wounded giraffe. - by Gannet - December 30, 2018, 11:43 PM