Wheeling Gull Isle Seven Matches
587 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Master Medic
Tagging @Ford to doublecheck whether this level of assumption is okay. Please PM me if you want me to change it! ♥ Other tags are for reference purposes.

The young mother pinned her ears back as a gust of wind threatened to tear them from her crown, but she could not berate the storm — not today! For along with the cold saline from the northeast rushed a telltale song, lilting and undulating in a way that was not natural for most wolves but that was second nature for —

“Treasure!” Seelie breathed. She catapulted from the roots of the mother tree, where she had been taking her ease after a grueling search along the coastline. She’d carefully skirted the pack that claimed the bay, believing that they were the same pack she’d encountered once before — experience told her that wolves came and went, so it had not concerned or alarmed her that the scent signature was different than when she’d visited with @Faeryn. (In fact, she had not noticed at all, being so concerned with finding Thresher before the storm hit in earnest.) Her time on the island had made her ignorant of a great many things that occurred on the mainland, but after this incident she had made up her mind to educate her children about the wilds in full — and to journey more frequently to the mainland so they could find their way home.

When she spotted her small, fine-feathered girl, a hiccupping sob rose within her breast; her flanks heaved in tandem with the swift push of her hindquarters as she fairly levitated to her golden daughter and sought to cradle her close. “Treasure, my Treasure, welcome home!” she whispered, covering her in tears and kisses.
Messages In This Thread
Seven Matches - by Thresher - December 30, 2018, 11:30 AM
RE: Seven Matches - by Coelacanth - December 30, 2018, 08:13 PM
RE: Seven Matches - by Thresher - January 02, 2019, 04:06 PM
RE: Seven Matches - by Coelacanth - January 03, 2019, 04:48 PM
RE: Seven Matches - by Thresher - January 05, 2019, 04:29 PM