Deepwood Weald and every day, I'd add another stone to keep you safe
إذا تم العقل نقص الكلام
104 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
'You will make a fine asset to our clan.' 

Those words would follow Marruz for the sequence of years that trailed. Perhaps even to the day of his death. For never had the boy heard such a promising, hopeful statement. It had to have been a lie, and yet Marruz believed that he would much rather this lie be told straight to his face than any figment of truth. At that moment, he was not just walking in the dark. 

The stars seemed brighter now, if that were even possible. They had only done so once before, upon his last night with his siblings just months prior, when he had departed for the Melonii. Yes, he knew, it was a sign of change. A sign of destinations to be reached, perhaps. Hopefully.

And then instruction was mentioned. A guide; a mentor. Someone that would direct him and teach him and explain to him all of the questions that plagued his soul. It was like a blissful melody to the ears of one who was born deaf. So, so deaf.

"As you wish," his voice grew ever the more solemn. Notes of wonder peeked through upon a rare instance of emotion. It was gone within a blink. "I assure you that I withhold a multitude of questions. For now, however, I am content with the answers I have been given." And upon his next breath, almost as an afterthought, he added, "Thank you." How strange it felt upon his tongue. It was so unfamiliar it was almost vile, but he had no way of retracting it now. And for some reason, the finality of the statement was reassuring. 

ابن النجوم
"son of the stars"
Messages In This Thread
RE: and every day, I'd add another stone to keep you safe - by Marruz - February 19, 2019, 10:54 PM