Dragoncrest Cliffs Postcards from Italy
120 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Gerra <3<3<3 Thanks for joining!!

In the distance, against the stark slate and white backdrop of the coastline, a small beige figure came into view. It was quite far away at first, but began to make its way toward him with purpose, so Jackalope slowed his pace to allow the other figure to draw near to him. From all he could tell, this fellow definitely belonged here; what he could see from the purpose in his stride, and the fact that he moved along the borders with the confidence of one who had likely marked those borders. The closer he came, the larger he appeared, with his thick, tan, beige and white pelt shifting from side to side across the point of his shoulder blades with every authoritative step that he took. With the prick of his earsand curl of his tail as a signal, Jackalope came to a stop and adjusted his own stance to show deference to the male who was intercepting his path. He had thought that he'd been leaving a respectful distance between himself and the marked borders- but the curt way in which the male spoke to him indicated otherwise. 

Either that, or the male with the mismatched eyes had woken up on the wrong side of the den. 

Regardless, he gave the male a quick once-over, so that he could see what he was up against. He'd been injured not so long ago, from what he could tell by the scars that split paths through his thick winter coat, but it certainly hadn't slowed his stride any. At first, Jackalope had pondered briefly if the stranger was blind in one eye- in the bright blue one- but another glance showed that it was as clear and as trained on him as was the dark orange one. Like him, the male's upper canines showed over his bottom lip, a trait that amused Jackalope, and caused one of his upper lips to twinge. Were it not for the fact that the male lacked the trademark dorsal stripe, Jack might have asked if this fellow was a relative. 

"My name is Jackalope Blackthorn." He said, his voice calm. "I'm a traveller, in search of family. I was told they lived not too far from the shore, so I've been keeping it in my sights; I'm also hoping to skirt past those mountains," He said, gesturing to the peaks off in the distance, "By keeping West of them. Unless of course there's claimed territory in the way." He said casually, inferring with a flick of his ears that he'd like to know if there were any claimed pack territories that might lay in his way. "I'm also documenting the area for my own personal record as I go...Bit of a Scout." He said, offering a harmless, but charming half-smile.
Messages In This Thread
Postcards from Italy - by Jackalope - January 22, 2019, 09:30 PM
RE: Postcards from Italy - by Dio - January 29, 2019, 01:06 AM
RE: Postcards from Italy - by Jackalope - January 30, 2019, 04:47 PM
RE: Postcards from Italy - by Dio - February 05, 2019, 12:02 AM
RE: Postcards from Italy - by Jackalope - February 05, 2019, 08:19 PM
RE: Postcards from Italy - by Dio - February 13, 2019, 12:48 AM