Blacktail Deer Plateau Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight
<font size=1>Still I'm pinned under the weight<br>Of what I believed would keep me safe</font>
80 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
[size=x-small]Ooc:// I accidentally deleted this post when I went to change the title, but now that I have done that once I will hopefully never do it again ^^; I hope this is alright for an intro post, I've not roleplayed in about a year so I am a bit rusty.[/size]

She had spent the day alone, much on her own volition. The scent of her new pack mates clung faintly to every inch of the territory and swam in her nostrils as one. Kaihra would seek them out eventually once she knew her surroundings and felt more at ease with the land that stretched before her, but for now she skirted the areas where the scent of wolf swelled too strongly. She would soon learn each wolf's scent by heart, but that would be the easy part of acquainting herself with the wolves of the plateau. Kaihra knew that the steps that followed would be much harder.

A part of her still questioned her choice to join the pack that called these lands their home. While as a lone wolf she had missed the structured life that came from living in community, there was something in the autonomy of a loner’s life that had thrilled her. It had been a new sensation, and one not easily abandoned. But emotions were tricky and unreliable, and though this one had tempted her to listen more than any other, Kaihra had reminded herself that though it was summer now, the warm temperatures would not last forever, and neither would the prey. By the time winter hit, the last thing Kaihra wanted was to be starving and cold because she had acted on some foolish impulse that, in the end, would likely cost her her life.

Light rain began to fall against her dark frame as she neared the edge of the plateau, and Kaihra slowed from her brisk trot to a gentle walk as the world stretched out before her. She stopped, drawn in by the scene, and scanned the sweeping land with a steady gaze. The gentle wind pulled at her fur and she felt her spine prickle with unease at the uncanny silence, yet there was something in the way that these parts carried themselves that radiated a sense of security she had not felt for a very long time, one that smelled of permafrost and a mother's milk. Kaihra pawed at the ground, unsettled at the sudden memory, but she could not pull her eyes away from the distant horizon.
[size=x-small]
So show me where by armor ends,
Show me where my skin begins.
[/size]
Messages In This Thread
Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Kaihra - July 10, 2014, 10:51 PM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Finley - July 13, 2014, 03:22 PM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Kaihra - July 14, 2014, 08:52 PM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Finley - July 16, 2014, 11:14 AM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Kaihra - July 18, 2014, 07:13 PM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Finley - July 21, 2014, 12:19 PM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Kaihra - July 21, 2014, 04:30 PM