Shadewood This is the story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ

The dark Watcher listener well to the repose of the fellow Keeper, a nod suffice to show he could understand the jarring tryst between the agouti and his enemy. “They’re gonna try us. But we won’t fall. We’ve got too much going to fall.” Was he speaking for the entirety of the pack?
Or was he simply speaking for his own hide? 

The ex-assassin prayed the former than the latter. 

“It’s a good thing you were victorious then. Thanks for that.” Cry appreciated the wolves that knee they were given a good thing; it made them much more willing to work to keep the good thing going than to preserve themselves. 

At the exchange of his wife’s qualities, Cry heaved a hearty chuckle into the mix. Seems him and Morgan would get along just fine then, apparently. “You know- it’s funny because Morgan said the same thing. Told me ‘She’s a purty gurl an’ all, but how y’all even hug? Seem like if ya touch her, she’ll snap in two.’, he said, mimicking the ruffian’s voice with near identical twangy clarity. But Cry loved her for her delicate nature. She was strong in some aspects, but when he had first met his Empress, she was a thoughtful and fragile woman, full of wonders and fantasy. But every broken soul could recognize another broken soul. And his nature was to protect the weak at all costs. Even should he fall weak, himself. He served her with every breath and muscle in his body, and it would never end.
”Dunno- guess some prefer independence and hardiness. I think it’s the fact that she and I compliment each other in our needs that keeps us stuck to eachother. Like puzzle pieces.” Two pieces that would potentially perish should they separate.  “I’ll tell her you said she’s beautiful, atleast,” he snickered. 

Auds picked up the next bout of their transition, and while it was smooth, the former killer had picked up something slightly spiced in those words, a feeling that he needed to somehow interpret in a way other than casual conversation. The instinct to defend was there, but first he would explain a bit of how he was to the youthful piebald. “Nah. That little sunbeam is more of a daughter to me than anything else. Her usefulness is extraordinarily high, as well. And she’s been here with me ever since I had been trying to figure out Shadewood. Found her over there at the Risana Lagoon, admiring that, and stalking Tula.” Tula, Kai’s Royal Blue fishing bird... Kai’s. 
Kai.
Cry’s heart began to sink, his mind idling and stalling finally on the crisp image of the blurry wolfdog, his first Seafound friend. The closest thing to a daughter that he would ever come across to having. Those iconic but slurred speckles, those glassy eyes and Seafoam perfume in a salty brine pelt of slightly matted fur on her petite body. Kai was an illusion of his heart, and every passing day, the Keep Watcher mourned for the disappearance of his First. She and Arrowbella had vanished...and while he didn’t want to assume Arrowbella had anything malicious to do with the kind youth, the vengeance in his soul couldn’t settle until he found the wolfdog. He had searched for so long, but the brine faded from her den much too soon after he had last seen her. 

He was stung by the memory as it washed over him, but none of it was meant to remain. Kai was a memory and nothing more, now. Until she atleast returned home.

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down - by Cry - February 13, 2019, 12:58 PM