Lost Creek Hollow the ground remembers
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey followed along as the girl spoke of her past. She knew the name Easthollow, having gone with Rannoch there once (or at least, I vaguely remember something like that happening). Morningside was less familiar, but struck a bell somewhere in her memory. She didn't have too long to try and recall it, though, as her attention was taken by the end of her statement - a comment that unexpectedly swept the air from Liffey's lungs entirely.

"Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that," she said with a sympathetic frown. She wondered if Dawn had lost anyone in that fire, which was an unfortunate thing to enter her very pregnant and very hormonal mind. In an instant, she felt a lump rise in her throat and her eyes had flooded with tears. She swallowed a sob and dipped her muzzle, embarassed at her reaction, but also so utterly devastated by the mere idea of losing her own home in a fire that she could hardly breathe.

"That must... Must've..." she choked out as she tried to regain her composure, "So awful..." Aaaaaaaaaand that was about it for her. She started to cry. So much for holding herself together. "I'm.. s-sorry, Dawn..." she sobbed, crumpling to her haunches and huddling there like a lunatic.
Messages In This Thread
the ground remembers - by Dawn - February 06, 2019, 09:11 PM
RE: the ground remembers - by Liffey - February 07, 2019, 08:32 PM
RE: the ground remembers - by Dawn - February 08, 2019, 03:01 PM
RE: the ground remembers - by Liffey - February 08, 2019, 06:35 PM
RE: the ground remembers - by Dawn - February 12, 2019, 05:44 PM
RE: the ground remembers - by Liffey - February 18, 2019, 06:06 PM
RE: the ground remembers - by Dawn - February 18, 2019, 07:54 PM
RE: the ground remembers - by Liffey - March 01, 2019, 07:17 PM
RE: the ground remembers - by Dawn - March 06, 2019, 05:43 PM
RE: the ground remembers - by Liffey - March 09, 2019, 08:05 AM
RE: the ground remembers - by Dawn - March 10, 2019, 12:26 PM