Swiftcurrent Creek i think it burns my sense of truth to hear me shouting at my youth
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

The idea of supporting the children at her side was mind boggling to the young woman. She hadn’t anticipated such a responsibility when she began her search for Alessia, not so soon anyway. It was about midday when Lie decided it was time to rouse the children, a bath was in their future. The smallest among them was the first to find her wrath.

Each of them had been beyond weak, weaker than Rosalie had thought was normal. It worried the woman to her very core, her maternal instincts had hit their full swing, and she loved each of them more than she could have imagined.

Starting along her back, Rosalie gently nosed Zephyr so she was easier to reach. As soothing as she could, she cleansed her fur with her tongue cleaning away the dirt and waste that stuck to the little girl’s soft pelt. She was usually easy to handle, the poor thing simply to young and weak to protest. However today was different, as Lie reached her face her lids fluttered slightly. Opening for just a split second, before she screwed them shut once again and flung a paw at her face. Lie continued her ministrations, her sloppy motherly tongue ignoring the protests, until Zephyr’s sharp cry pulled at her heartstrings.

Looking down at the poor girl, she gave her a small smile. “Don’t worry child, I know it’s hard.” Lie’s voice rose barely above a whisper, as Helios tried to worm his way in. Rosalie curled tighter around them, pulling all four pups closer to her. The light continuing to pour in from outside. “Your mother has already decided not to raise you in a cave, and so…as she says, you’ll just have to get used to it.” Giving Helios a little help, Lie nudged him toward the other pup. Sometimes siblings were the best remedy.
1/5
5/5
~ i haven't played that song since my wife died ~
lie can be pp'd by anyone listed as family on her profile

"common", "french" 1/5 posts
Messages In This Thread
RE: i can taste the tin of the sky - by Helios - March 17, 2019, 08:43 PM
RE: i can taste the tin of the sky - by Rosalie - March 17, 2019, 11:04 PM