Stavanger Bay It's quiet, I'll bet that everybody thinks I'm done.
spectrelight
260 Posts
Ooc —
Days passed, and they continued on to scope strange old forests and sprawling capes by the sea, within which she had truthfully found a good routine. While progress had slowed at times, steadily, they worked onward and the young Drakru went willingly into this rhythm.

However, at her brother's warning, and as the scents of so many strangers grew concentrated, Opalia felt her shift come immediately. Wary prickles lifted up her shoulders the more she realized, then understood. A pack. Good news, and bad alike, so she shot her brother a quick, low look--she was guarded, but could this be something?

Wholly unknown to her nose, not the foul odors of Rusalkan and definitely not Drageda's sense of home, of course, but coastal all the same, it had to be worth a closer look when therein could lie their goal. But they knew nothing about them; this was not like when Aure had approached the welcoming gates of Elysium's sanctuary. Opalia wouldn't know them from saints or murderers, or anything in between, and yet.. they had to keep pressing on. This was an opportunity and she was determined to see it as such, no matter how daunting it seemed as they lingered beyond.

She kept the reminder close that they were a pair at least, with two sets of eyes on the situation, and they had grown into hale wolves trained by Drageda--not some mannerless weaklings without some cause for their roaming. They could do this, and if not, well.. then they would have to deal with that then. I don't really either, but... she agreed, sparing him one last quick glance before she pivoted partially away to look on towards their territory, her back to him only. Her mismatched eyes narrowed as her nose wriggled constantly, wishing for some answers, hints--anything! Well... hopefully it won't hurt to ask, she winced. We can deal if not. Opalia said, trying to be stonefaced, maybe in part to hear it herself, though her heart was racing in her chest.

Ready? she asked before a pause, after which she tipped her nose back to howl and ask for a moment of someone's time.