Whitefish River you seem confused by this but for a different reason than i am.
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Her caution seemed to serve her well. Yami had finished only a quarter of the rabbit when she became aware of the stranger's approach. Her hackles prickled as she spun to face him, though the rest of her aggressive display was lost as she realized he was familiar, and not a stranger at all. She relaxed, but only just. She had never been particularly close with Svalinn (or anyone at Rusalka except Firefly, for that matter), so she didn't truly trust that he meant her no harm. But she did know his face, and that was enough to keep her from running him off outright.

The question he tossed her way came as a surprise. Did he really not know that she and Firefly had run away together? In her head, it was this huge, epic event that had shaken the lives of those they'd known to the core. It was something that everyone in Rusalka was talking about. At least, so she had thought. Yami frowned at the realization, but consoled herself that maybe it was just Svalinn that didn't realize. Yeah, she could see that, if for no other reason than she wanted to believe it.

"Eating a rabbit," Yami answered vaguely, narrowing her eyes at his tone before twisting the question back around on him, "I could ask you the same." Well, kind of turning the question back around. In a roundabout sort of way.
Messages In This Thread
RE: you seem confused by this but for a different reason than i am. - by Yami - May 03, 2019, 06:06 PM