Duck Lake ♡ oh i'm the same, i'm the same, i'm trying to change.
17 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Said orange and brown blob had been resting in the sunlight, almost always to be found perched high above the ground, eyes closed and breathing slow, steady. Napping had become one of her new favorite past times - one she'd never really had the luxury of before. Even those quiet moments with Goose on Sparrowhawk had been tainted; tinted red with fear and uncertainty, wondering which breath would be their last, or when they'd finally be ripped away from each other. Their wild journey to the Teekon Wilds had, also, left absolutely no room for relaxation - the trek had been dangerous, full of fear, emotionally and physically taxing. Bascially, their lives had been insane, turbulent beyond belief. What a cruel joke.

The female blinked her eyes open and stared out at the sparkling water. The stillness of the pond was beginning to get to her, to ease her into that familiar sense of security that was dangerous and entirely false. There's still danger here, her mind supplied helpfully and for once the femme didn't disagree with her internal voice. Even after all these calm days, she knew it was only a matter of time before something happened. Something always happened. Oath rolled her shoulders, a crack sounding for her troubles, as she scented the air. Nothing but wilderness and wildlife.

Oath loosed a yawn, stretching her frame along the branch before she caught wind of something - something wrong. She twisted her ears, attempting to catch the sound she knew didn't belong. It was sobbing. And she knew who those cries belonged to. Too bright eyes snapped to the treeline where a familiar white shape was rocketing clumsily across the open space between the aspens and the lakes muddy banks. Oath shot to her feet, nearly falling off the branch as her lips curled back, teeth exposed and expression hard, sharp. "Goose!"

Oath's paws hit the ground before she realized that she'd stepped off the aspen and she was immediatly at Goose's side, frame pressed into her protectively while wild, panicked eyes scanned the treeline. She absolutely expected something to come bursting after the dove.. but nothing did. The huntress straightened and glared into the distance until she was certain that nothing had been following. When she felt that they were truly in the clear, and her hammering heart was no longer about to stall, Oath stepped back and took in the heaving, wet mass of white and cream fur that was her best friend. Her throat locked.

"The hell," She managed to grind out, stepping up to run her teeth along Goose's back and inhaling deeply. There were scents there. Scents she didn't recognize. Oath saw red. "What the fuck happened? Are you hurt? Look at me." She snapped, dropping into a crouch before the pale female - eyes hard. "What happened?" Her voice was softer this time, but her eyes still flicked up, down, around in an almost nervous manner.

Something had happened.

Something would always happen.

There's still danger here.
Messages In This Thread
RE: ♡ oh i'm the same, i'm the same, i'm trying to change. - by Oath - May 06, 2019, 11:37 AM