Shadewood gave you every piece of me, no wonder it's missing
I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Gwendolyn stood before him in utter silence, fallen crown dipped to grant her eyes only visions of the earth beneath her paws - she did not glance up, in trepidation of meeting those fathomless pools of ice. Without peering toward her crooked husband, she could feel the intensity of his stare, the burning pressure of daggers lining her body. As though he were observing her, a little object laid out just for him.

Perhaps that was all she had become.

Hearkening to his words caused a hitch in her throat, an unavoidable crack in her demeanor; how many did the frost queen bear now? How long before she failed to stay together any longer, and would simply perish at his feet? She didn't know how long she could last - only time would whisper. She could not read her husband's corrupted mind, could only guess at his motives, and what she saw... it was aberrant, but out of her jurisdiction.

He did dote over his control, didn't he?

As Raziel continued to speak, she felt a prickle of ever-expanding nerves; they grew like a snake in the pit of her belly but trickled through her veins, until her body was thrumming with unspoken anxiety. She swallowed in preperation to speak but his last sentence threw her solemnity - she could never predict this man, this king of darkness.

“Would you, my love?”

Her heart beat savagely against her chest, but she compelled herself to remain still. Falsely unstirred. There was a thin moment of silence in which she contemplated silently, but ultimately... she knew there was nothing she could do. She did not wish to be the victim of his violence. She was afraid.

"No..." she complied.
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: gave you every piece of me, no wonder it's missing - by Gwen - July 12, 2019, 03:20 PM