Swiftcurrent Creek I can take the fall: the pain, the pleasure
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He knew she was right, but it was easier said than done. It was hard enough to open up to her now. He just wanted to shield them from everything, and he couldn't do that if he was falling apart all the time. His eyebrows drew together at her question. Of course you are, he said, nuzzling her cheek. You guys mean more to me than anything. Sometimes, they were the reason he felt any hope at all.

Her next words made anger well in his chest. Don't. He shook his head. Please don't blame yourself for any of this because none of it is your fault. Kavik couldn't bear the thought of her feeling guilty. 

He closed his eyes against the pain that came with imagining his son and daughter out in the world alone and hungry and scared. I'm trying to find them, Rosalie. Every day, I search for them. He opened his eyes, exhaustion and defeat twisting his expression. But—what if I never find them? Desperation clung to his words, the desperation of a father unable to help his children in their time of need no matter how hard he tried. He felt like he had failed them.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
RE: I can take the fall: the pain, the pleasure - by RIP Kavik - August 20, 2019, 07:46 PM
RE: I can take the fall: the pain, the pleasure - by Rosalie - September 10, 2019, 04:39 PM