Sun Mote Copse beware the jabberwock, my son!
360 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Ranger
She roamed the rendezvous site today, the pounding sun making her restless. Sugar wanted to find somewhere cool and shady to sleep, yet there was nothing for it in this heat. Still, she sought respite, and tried to find it in some long grasses growing at the clearing's edge. There were some pretty purple flowers here and there, though she brushed past them. She wedged herself down among the roots of the swaying grasses and managed to drowse.

When she woke some amount of time later, Sugar was thirsty. She unfurled from her nesting spot, then prepared to head back toward one of the small offshoots of the nearby river for a drink. She noticed the flowers this time. Despite her thirst, she paused to sniff at them, then bent down to uproot one; she had learned this would prolong the flower's life versus clipping the stem with her teeth. It took a few minutes of digging, though eventually she plucked her prize from the earth and strode forth into the shorter sward in search of @Weejay, who loved flowers.

Sugar hadn't gone far when she realized there was a strange tingling sensation in her mouth. She slowed, then stopped, setting the purple blossom on the ground. The odd feeling grew worse, a burning now, reminding her of when she'd eaten a bee a week ago. Abruptly, her stomach rolled and Sugar retched, right onto the monkshood at her feet.

Title from "Jabberwocky" by Lewis Carroll.
Messages In This Thread
beware the jabberwock, my son! - by Sugar Glider - July 10, 2019, 04:40 PM
RE: beware the jabberwock, my son! - by Crow - July 10, 2019, 07:50 PM
RE: beware the jabberwock, my son! - by Sugar Glider - July 10, 2019, 08:03 PM
RE: beware the jabberwock, my son! - by Crow - July 10, 2019, 08:10 PM
RE: beware the jabberwock, my son! - by Sugar Glider - July 11, 2019, 10:16 AM
RE: beware the jabberwock, my son! - by Elwood - July 11, 2019, 11:38 AM
RE: beware the jabberwock, my son! - by Crow - July 11, 2019, 12:00 PM
RE: beware the jabberwock, my son! - by Sugar Glider - July 11, 2019, 12:17 PM
RE: beware the jabberwock, my son! - by Elwood - July 12, 2019, 10:06 PM
RE: beware the jabberwock, my son! - by Crow - July 13, 2019, 12:23 PM
RE: beware the jabberwock, my son! - by Sugar Glider - July 14, 2019, 11:49 AM
RE: beware the jabberwock, my son! - by Elwood - July 15, 2019, 06:13 PM
RE: beware the jabberwock, my son! - by Sugar Glider - August 09, 2019, 03:13 PM
RE: beware the jabberwock, my son! - by Elwood - August 12, 2019, 12:16 PM