Blacktail Deer Plateau it's already burning
i'm a bloody fallen angel
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
Was she okay, though? Everything used to be so straightforward and now...she could barely see through the fog in her own mind to make sense of herself, much less reality, and she had nobody. No pack, no friends, no nothing and truly, she had no one to blame for that but herself. It had been her fault and now she was alone...well, until Hadrian came back. And yet - a film of sadness obscured the hellfire of her eyes as Saar stared at her brother; undoubtedly he would do well here, it was written in the stars, his heroic story already engraved in the books of fate. 'We' Hadrian had said, and Saarthal had smirked, head canted in a gesture of casual arrogance - the melancholic flicker had vanished from her gaze milliseconds after its arrival, her brother did not need to be burdened with her sadness - but deep inside she knew that it would never be 'we' or 'us' but 'you'. The legacy, the empire, it would be purely Hadrian's and never hers. She didn't have that kind of...no, not ambition, she had ambition...simply put, Saarthal no longer had any belief in the purpose of building a kingdom or carrying on the family legacy or whatever. She appreciated Hadrian's desire to just that after all that had been his dream for ages and she was nothing but supportive, and she had once had a similar dream. It was just the fact that deep down, she knew none of it mattered. But Hadrian didn't need to know any of this, and the remains of her contemplations were quickly wiped away by her brother's next words.
Saarthal gaped, her heart stuttering as she processed the sentence and then a wave of something deeply unpleasant rushed over her so that she said nothing for a good second, trying to absorb the fact that her deepest secret had never been a secret after all. "Oh," Saar murmured, and then her brother unloaded more news, news of Aeneas and their mutual girlfriend and Saarthal grimaced. "Fuck, I'm sorry," she apologised, strangely and uncharacteristically hesitant, not knowing exactly why she was apologising or what for but feeling the inexplicable urge to beg for someone's forgiveness."Is...Aeneas alright? Is he...mad at me?" And then, "is she okay? Did she say anything about..." did she say anything about me? did she tell him about the affair because she missed me? is she coming to find me? "He hates me, doesn't he? He hates me. I-I should go back and uh, apologise, and Reyna - fuck," she cursed, feeling strangely and suddenly overwhelmed by everything. "Junior," Saarthal whispered, her voice raw, and glanced up at her brother. Her eyes glittered, her expression entirely too vulnerable as she shrank into herself. This was not at all what a reunion was supposed to be like. Once again, she had ruined everything. Like always.
Messages In This Thread
it's already burning - by Hadrian - August 11, 2019, 04:07 AM
RE: it's already burning - by Saarthal - August 11, 2019, 05:11 AM
RE: it's already burning - by Hadrian - August 11, 2019, 05:40 AM
RE: it's already burning - by Saarthal - August 11, 2019, 06:07 AM
RE: it's already burning - by Hadrian - August 11, 2019, 06:40 AM
RE: it's already burning - by Saarthal - August 11, 2019, 07:46 AM
RE: it's already burning - by Hadrian - August 11, 2019, 03:32 PM
RE: it's already burning - by Saarthal - August 12, 2019, 05:53 AM
RE: it's already burning - by Hadrian - August 12, 2019, 01:52 PM
RE: it's already burning - by Saarthal - August 13, 2019, 08:06 AM