Swiftcurrent Creek No more hiding
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
His heart dropped into his chest at her retelling of that awful day. He didn't like to think about it much as it held so many layers of grief and confusion, so to hear it recounted by his daughter was too much. His face twisted in despair. Sweatheart, he murmured, holding her tight against him once more. I'm sorry you have had to deal with so much, he added a second later. That is a lot for anyone to handle, even me and your mothers. Clearly, he hadn't handled things properly, and Lainie had been suffering alone right under his nose. He wished she had come to him with this. He wished he had pushed her more to open up to him instead of stupidly giving her space. Now she was tormented by what she saw, and he wasn't sure how to help her; he couldn't even help himself from his own torment.

Her next words worried him greatly. Everyone has weaknesses, Lainie. Everyone. And we all succumb to them at times; there's no avoiding it. He looked down, hoping to meet her gaze. And that doesn't mean we're any less because of it. His expression softened some. But what you've been dealing with is different. Anyone would have trouble with that, and you are not weak because of it. He needed her to understand that now before this did anymore damage to her kind, inquisitive nature.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
No more hiding - by Lainie - August 28, 2019, 08:20 PM
RE: No more hiding - by RIP Kavik - August 30, 2019, 10:26 PM
RE: No more hiding - by Lainie - August 31, 2019, 05:14 PM
RE: No more hiding - by RIP Kavik - September 03, 2019, 07:17 PM
RE: No more hiding - by Lainie - September 03, 2019, 09:26 PM
RE: No more hiding - by RIP Kavik - September 19, 2019, 03:38 PM
RE: No more hiding - by Lainie - September 19, 2019, 07:48 PM
RE: No more hiding - by RIP Kavik - October 03, 2019, 01:27 PM
RE: No more hiding - by Lainie - October 06, 2019, 03:03 PM
RE: No more hiding - by RIP Kavik - October 21, 2019, 08:28 PM