Sleepy Fox Hollow as i went down in the river to pray
you are an artist and your heart is your masterpiece
46 Posts
Ooc —
You should never hurt others for no reason was a good life lesson to live by, and one that Anansi agreed with. At the same time, he had reason to believe that sometimes, psychological warfare was necessary to maintain order. Did that count as hurting someone for no reason? Even if they didn't know you were hurting them? He would probably try to reason that it didn't count, but surely ena and Sakhmet would feel differently.

So he sought another angle with which to approach his query, one that was perhaps softer in nature than simply saying, can't we just trick everyone into thinking we're the best? He didn't think it was cowardly the way utilizing fear was cowardly, but no one ever said he wasn't a hypocrite. What if the danger comes from within your family, or from those who serve your family, or someone you love? What if they don't hurt you first but you think they could?

It was no great secret, at least among his family, that Anansi thought better of Melonii than others.
Thread titles from I'll Keep You Safe by Sleeping At Last.
Messages In This Thread
as i went down in the river to pray - by Maegi - September 05, 2019, 06:49 AM
RE: as i went down to the river to pray - by Sakhmet - September 06, 2019, 09:16 PM
RE: as i went down to the river to pray - by Maegi - September 11, 2019, 12:28 PM
RE: as i went down in the river to pray - by Anansi - September 12, 2019, 10:16 PM
RE: as i went down in the river to pray - by Sakhmet - September 19, 2019, 03:33 PM
RE: as i went down in the river to pray - by Maegi - September 20, 2019, 09:28 PM
RE: as i went down in the river to pray - by Anansi - September 27, 2019, 10:11 AM
RE: as i went down in the river to pray - by Maegi - October 26, 2019, 09:30 PM