Herbalists' Cache Tomorrow, I'll switch the beat to avoid yesterday's dance
174 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Lainie was content to let them converse for a moment listening and smiling as she glanced between them before Papa mentioned Rosalie, the word former hovering inside her mind, echoing and screaming in ways that had a shiver run down her spine. She flinched, ears rotating backward and dropped her gaze staring at the ground silently while struggling to prevent herself from correcting her father right in front of someone who could help them. She shifted away from him and a flash of guilt went through her. He was all she had left now and they needed one another but...she felt so trapped sometimes. She couldn't ask for space because he'd say it was too dangerous. It was her own fault for not being more careful back at the creek during her wanderings.

"I'm not that young."

The words came out before she had barely registered them and she froze, looking at the ground and moving toward Ibis, her tail wagging as she stopped midway "I'll learn to hunt better and I'm good with distances, I can scout maybe. Do you have anyone good with fighting? Or singing?" she asked in a friendly tone, brightening as the notion of having a potential home grew more appealing by the second, dreams of what could be if they settled again making her forget herself. She paused and looked back at her dad her smile dimming a bit as she cleared her throat and walked back to him nuzzling against his shoulder "Thank you. I promise I won't wander like I used to Papa" she realised a moment too late that she didn't know whether things had actually been decided on or not and ducked her head "I mean..if we go"
Messages In This Thread