Sun Mote Copse Sometimes the weight of the world is too much
134 Posts
Ooc — summer
Two, Wraen told her. It was a good age for her to be friends with- a little older, but not so much that it would make a major difference. Chanel felt eager to meet her one day indeed. Next Wraen asked about Chanel's own sibling situation. She wondered how to address this question, but decided to be straightforward about it. "I was the only girl of my litter. I am told, I had two brothers, born alongside me-" She paused for a moment, a bit awkwardly, before continuing. 

"But, well... my family is a bit old fashioned. They wanted girls and boys to... 'know their place', and so we were raised separately. I, alongside my female cousins- and the boys, on their own, I assume with my male cousins. So, I don't really have siblings- none that I knew well, anyway." She sighed, a tad of dissapointment evident in her voice.

Yes, she had been privileged- but she was also raised under this sexist mindset, that girls had to do this and boys had to do that and that the girls could not be friends with the boys. It was a drag, to never know her littermates. Who cared if they were boys? They could've been good friends for her all the same. Was it so wrong, for a lady to roughhouse? Certainly she had been told stories of warrior princesses, so it didn't make sense- that she should have to be some perfectly behaved girl. She didn't agree with the way her parents had done things, and it was part of the reason she left in the first place.
threads 3/5
Messages In This Thread
Sometimes the weight of the world is too much - by Wraen - November 30, 2019, 01:16 PM
RE: Sometimes the weight of the world is too much - by Wraen - November 30, 2019, 02:09 PM
RE: Sometimes the weight of the world is too much - by Wraen - November 30, 2019, 03:07 PM
RE: Sometimes the weight of the world is too much - by Wraen - November 30, 2019, 03:52 PM
RE: Sometimes the weight of the world is too much - by Wraen - November 30, 2019, 04:48 PM
RE: Sometimes the weight of the world is too much - by Wraen - December 01, 2019, 07:20 AM
RE: Sometimes the weight of the world is too much - by Chanel - December 07, 2019, 10:22 PM
RE: Sometimes the weight of the world is too much - by Wraen - December 14, 2019, 04:37 PM
RE: Sometimes the weight of the world is too much - by Wraen - December 21, 2019, 12:36 PM
RE: Sometimes the weight of the world is too much - by Wraen - December 21, 2019, 02:51 PM
RE: Sometimes the weight of the world is too much - by Wraen - December 21, 2019, 04:07 PM