all ties have come undone
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
It is impossible to tag Ein's name (it will always tag the original Eirikr account instead) so just send Kaitlyn a PM with the link if you'd like to tag her in a thread (just so everyone knows!). :-)

Tveir was the first to arrive, looking like he had licked something sour with that hardened disposition on his face. Ragnar knew that he, out of the three of them, was taking the changes that hardest though up until this point they hadn't been clued in on what was going on. Ragnar had considered telling them earlier but he had not wanted to say anything until it was all official. Unfortunately, for him, Thistle had begun acting different around them long before Nerian had ever seen yes which had left him with an unnecessary stretch of time in which it looked like he was keeping secrets from them. To be fair, he wasn't keeping anything from his children, simply, it took now for him to know fully what was going on to be able to inform them without assuming. “It is never too early for lessons, Tveir,” Ragnar told the second born coolly, not appreciating the way in which his son had spoken that to him. If Ragnar wanted to give them a lesson this early then by the Gods he would and they would do what he would say. “Lucky for you that is not why I called you,” Ragnar's tone implied that if he was talked to in such a manner again that he could easily change his mind. Gyda was the next to arrive, bounding right up to him before laying down between his paws. He did not ignore his daughter's presence there but he did not greet her specially, in case Tveir took it the wrong way. Ragnar was in no mood to dish out punishments to his children for disobeying and disrespecting them because they had little snits up their bums. He was not in the mood for much these days between Thistle's own sour, angry disposition towards him and the increased, outrageous amount of trespassers lately.

Ein was the last to appear and Ragnar acknowledged the eldest boy with a gruff “Sit,” and took a deep breath, silent for a few seconds as he tried to organize how he wanted to speak about this with them. “As all of you have noticed some things are changing in our little family,” There was a coy, amused twitch of his lips as he realized he would be having a similar conversation to this when Nerian became pregnant since Ragnar was pretty sure that she would go into heat before Thistle. “You all know of my Priestess, my slave Nerian, well she is now a freed woman,” Ragnar glimpsed down at the top of Gyda's head for a few seconds before his eyes touched Ein and Tveir, lingering on each child for a small measure of time. “Alongside your mother Nerian is also my wife, my second wife,” He had to make sure that the children understood that this, by far, did not mean he was replacing Thistle. “It does not mean that I have stopped loving your mother because I haven't. I will never stop loving your mother but Nerian needs me and loves me, too.” He took a breath, allowing them to ask questions before he continued on.

“You do not have to think of Nerian as a second mother. I do not expect that, neither does she. You can if you want too, but no one is making you. You will however, treat her with the same respect you treat your mother and I with. She is my wife, also. Am I understood?” He did not yet broach with them on the subject of future half siblings and siblings figuring that was a conversation for another day, unless it was brought up. “As I am sure you have also noticed she has moved into the den with us and your mother has decided she needs some space for a while and so we, all of us, are going to give it to her. She will return to our family den when she is ready but for now we will not irritate her further.” Likely, Thistle probably wouldn't have minded if the children wanted to stay with her but Ragnar was doing to be assertive and not allow it. She said she had wanted space and he intended to give it to her with the children, as well. As it was, he would not let her turn the children against him in this matter considering it was apart of their culture and if she didn't like it then perhaps she shouldn't have married him.

“We have what is called a polygamy relationship and it is an accepted practice in our culture. Having more than one wife, or husband, or a wife and a husband,” Ragnar had no problems with his children's sexuality whatever it was because it was not something that was necessarily spurned in his culture, either. At least, they didn't at Odinn's Cove. With that, he fell silent once more awaiting any questions they might have had for him.

Messages In This Thread
all ties have come undone - by Ragnar - August 08, 2014, 09:13 AM
RE: all ties have come undone - by Gunnar - August 08, 2014, 09:23 AM
RE: all ties have come undone - by Gyda - August 08, 2014, 09:16 PM
RE: all ties have come undone - by Mercury - August 10, 2014, 06:05 PM
RE: all ties have come undone - by Ragnar - August 11, 2014, 07:00 AM
RE: all ties have come undone - by Gunnar - August 11, 2014, 07:12 AM
RE: all ties have come undone - by Gyda - August 12, 2014, 02:20 PM
RE: all ties have come undone - by Mercury - August 12, 2014, 10:39 PM
RE: all ties have come undone - by Ragnar - August 15, 2014, 07:49 AM
RE: all ties have come undone - by Gunnar - August 15, 2014, 08:14 AM
RE: all ties have come undone - by Gyda - August 18, 2014, 05:39 AM