Blacktail Deer Plateau Maybe I'm homesick for it all
163 Posts
Ooc —
What Rosalyn said made sense, but Nieve also believed that Huā had the right of things. She was torn between the primal and feral nature of Rusalka, which she'd always known but rarely experienced, and the compassion that lived within her heart. O, if only she could be more like her mothers! There was no place in this world for sentiment and compassion.

But they were Nieve's gift and curse alike. I'm not sad to see Ying go, she admitted, because that much at least she agreed with. Nieve often considered whether there was something she'd done to earn Ying's disrespect and ire and she couldn't think of anything. Perhaps it was because there was no reason. Perhaps Ying was simple an aggressively ambitious she-wolf that Rosalyn and Erzulie uprooted before she could get a firm hold.

But why the other two? They didn't do anything wrong. They were siblings, sure, and probably had the same sentiments... but they weren't the same wolf. Nieve would hate to be held accountable for the actions of any one of her siblings, so holding Huā and Mei in contempt because of Ying seemed wrong. You could've just kicked Ying out. Maybe they'd have gone peacefully then. Doubtful, but one could wish.
and i've found that in every man there's a child
Messages In This Thread
Maybe I'm homesick for it all - by Rosalyn - February 04, 2020, 09:21 AM
RE: Maybe I'm homesick for it all - by Nieve - February 04, 2020, 08:50 PM
RE: Maybe I'm homesick for it all - by Rosalyn - February 04, 2020, 09:19 PM
RE: Maybe I'm homesick for it all - by Nieve - February 15, 2020, 06:09 AM
RE: Maybe I'm homesick for it all - by Rosalyn - February 15, 2020, 10:39 AM
RE: Maybe I'm homesick for it all - by Nieve - March 02, 2020, 07:01 PM
RE: Maybe I'm homesick for it all - by Rosalyn - March 05, 2020, 09:48 PM
RE: Maybe I'm homesick for it all - by Nieve - March 11, 2020, 10:27 PM
RE: Maybe I'm homesick for it all - by Rosalyn - March 12, 2020, 06:20 PM
RE: Maybe I'm homesick for it all - by Nieve - March 23, 2020, 12:46 PM