Phoenix Maplewood Lights down for the one I love.
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
@Anokhi @Aphrodite @Kora @Eights
Final round, one last post from you guys and I'll conclude. Thanks for writing with me!  <3

Off they went, heading carefully in the direction of their allocated positions. Artyom moved quietly, so low to the ground that the snow chilled his delicate undersides, and a shudder coursed through him at the discomfort. He was well camouflaged and, thankful for his paler Winter pelage, felt his confidence bolstered.

A gilded ear trained on the dam and the creatures that worked on it, the hunter's earthen gaze studied the stream's edge to in search of an appropriate place to cross. He could find no such spot, so opted to carry on further upstream, but the heightened sound of beaver chatter had him stop in his tracks. Artyom's head swung around just in time to see the beasts scatter from the banks, some disappearing underwater with splashes and others vanishing among the frozen reeds and gnawed sticks.

A grumble from him then, sorely disappointed for the hunt to have failed when it had barely begun. Gathering himself upright, the ranger shook out his pelt and loped briskly toward the beavers' home where he nosed among the branches and twigs, sniffing enthusiastically for any sign of entrances to the structure.

Nothing. "Блядь," he muttered breathily, and turned once more to face his pack-mates. "Better luck next time!" Artyom called over to them, deflated but unwilling to blame them for their failure - not every hunt could be successful. Their chances at the maplewood's dam had expired, for now, but there would be other opportunities to fill their bellies elsewhere. "Let's go home, perhaps we will find something else along the way."

Messages In This Thread
Lights down for the one I love. - by Artyom - February 17, 2020, 07:40 AM
RE: Lights down for the one I love. - by Anokhi - February 17, 2020, 09:49 AM
RE: Lights down for the one I love. - by Kora - February 17, 2020, 10:42 AM
RE: Lights down for the one I love. - by Aphrodite - February 17, 2020, 05:28 PM
RE: Lights down for the one I love. - by Eights - February 18, 2020, 12:40 PM
RE: Lights down for the one I love. - by Artyom - February 18, 2020, 02:22 PM
RE: Lights down for the one I love. - by Aphrodite - February 18, 2020, 02:46 PM
RE: Lights down for the one I love. - by Anokhi - February 18, 2020, 07:37 PM
RE: Lights down for the one I love. - by Kora - February 18, 2020, 08:07 PM
RE: Lights down for the one I love. - by Eights - February 21, 2020, 02:27 PM
RE: Lights down for the one I love. - by Aphrodite - February 21, 2020, 05:32 PM
RE: Lights down for the one I love. - by Kora - February 21, 2020, 09:48 PM
RE: Lights down for the one I love. - by Artyom - February 25, 2020, 07:44 AM
RE: Lights down for the one I love. - by Aphrodite - February 25, 2020, 10:14 AM
RE: Lights down for the one I love. - by Anokhi - February 28, 2020, 11:00 AM
RE: Lights down for the one I love. - by Kora - February 28, 2020, 04:58 PM
RE: Lights down for the one I love. - by Artyom - March 04, 2020, 12:22 PM