Big Salmon Lake Etched in the snow as it is in my soul
34 Posts
Ooc — Aislin
Kane almost let out a laugh. Lost a great battle? More like ran from it. The chortle of a laugh slipped out beyond his control, and he had to turn for a moment to regain his composure. Really, you're such a fool. Kane thought to himself as mused over her observations. She must have noticed his warrior prowess because he noticed something similar in her. Where he had the bulk and the force, she had something a little more nimble in some ways. Probably because of her slender frame. He was bigger than her, but not by much. 

How was it that he allowed himself to be so readable now? To allow himself to be vulnerable, predictable, and caught off guard. Kane remembered the days when his peers were impressed with his skills, or his companions had a tough time keeping him down. Kane missed the days where he could look at this family and be proud of what he was part of. The days that involved laughing, getting into debates, or just simply living. Now Kane felt like he was doing nothing more than dying from the inside out.

"You could say something like that." Kane replied softly, turning his gaze back to her and focused on the conversation. Kane wouldn't allow himself to get lost in his thoughts again, not now. Not with someone standing here. Kane's own punishment he threw on himself was meant only for him and no one else to observe. To have someone here made it difficult to punish himself. This woman seemed to be of no threat, though he wasn't about to let his guard down. "Why do you ask?" Stupid question, but an attempt to downplay himself seemed like an okay move for the moment. 

@Hydra
Pursuing MercenaryScout Masteries
"Speaking." | -"Singing & shouting."- | Thoughts.
>>Player Policies & Pawprints<<
Messages In This Thread
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 06, 2020, 01:06 PM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 06, 2020, 04:53 PM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Kane Ardelean - April 06, 2020, 05:24 PM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 06, 2020, 07:54 PM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 08, 2020, 08:26 AM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 09, 2020, 11:30 AM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 11, 2020, 05:35 PM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 19, 2020, 09:03 AM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 24, 2020, 01:01 PM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 29, 2020, 01:58 PM