Ankyra Sound VIII. Standing in the back door crying, now you're going to need a friend.
360 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Ranger
The wolf who reacted first might have been silver, though it was hard to tell with all the blood smeared into her pale fur. "There's so much blood," was quite an understatement. She nodded and moved forward, taking in all the details now that she was closer. Aside from the bloodstained she-wolf who'd spoken to her, there was an agouti wolf tending to the dark figure on the ground. Close by stood the remaining white wolf, the one who'd brought back herbs of some sort.

Sugar's eyes eventually fell to the patient as she tried to assess the nature of her injuries. Only then did she notice the two newborns. She sucked in a breath as several things clicked in her mind. She wasn't a midwife and her experience as a medic was also limited. But she had recently helped Bat during her whelping. There hadn't been nearly as much blood then, nor had Bat lost consciousness. Whoever she was, this dark woman was in grave peril.

She came closer to stand over the prone new mother, her eyes and nose telling her what first aid these wolves had administered thus far. Sugar was impressed by what she observed. "You've done everything I would've done already," she said quietly, black gaze flicking to the silver woman's face. "Packing the wound with herbs should help stop the bleeding. I would take everything you have left and compress it," she added, "applying as much pressure as you can. It won't hurt her any worse than she already is..." Sugar paused. "We can do cleanup later." They would only need to worry about infection if she survived, though Sugar didn't say that part, nor declare her prognosis, which wasn't good.

Glancing at the unconscious wolf's face, Sugar repeated softly, "I think you've done everything you can for her." Looking back to the bloodied and hoary she-wolf, who seemed in charge of this scene, she wondered, "Who is she? And how are the pups?"
Messages In This Thread
RE: VIII. Standing in the back door crying, now you're going to need a friend. - by Sugar Glider - May 20, 2020, 12:53 PM