Porcupine Ridge All that I am has been given to someone who needed it more
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel

Her enthusiasm dampened under the harsh downpour of his unexpected rejection. Wasn't this what he wanted?

To join the Empire - regardless of whatever status they might have together? Hadn't he expressed a desire for a fresh start, when she'd said he shouldn't leave his people?

"I do like ye, Mem-ory, it's just..ve just..ve're pract-ically strangers.." the fae stuttered in her attempts to explain. 

You speak as if we're already mated, as if we've already decided to have a plethora of pups. And.. "...and I don't know. I.." ..may not even be able to have pups anymore. 

Wilting under the pressure, her form seemed to cave inwards - as if she were shrinking under the weight of anxiety. 

Stunned speechless, all the battered woman could do was listen mutely as he continued to speak - pale gaze flinching at the brute's violence as her gaze hardened, like the moonstones of the Quarry. 

"I see," she said at last, nodding woodenly though even she could sense what a lame answer that was. "Zen ye should fin' yer place, vhere ye belong." There was no malice, no bitterness. Just the withdrawn, soft-spoken wisp of before - confused and compliant. 

"I vill fin' Reiko," the girl murmured softly, resolute. 

She'd make the trip to Kaistleoki herself, consequences be damned; it made sense anyways, Kaistleoki were their closest allies. If anyone might have intel on the missing Empress - it was the river wolves. Briefly, her mind wandered to possible reinforcements - conjuring up thoughts of @Yuudai or maybe @Collision - but it was too late to turn back now, suppose the imposter caught her. 

"I'm sorry ye didnae fin' yer new start," Fen lilted, glancing at the ruined dark man one last time. 

Burying it down with the rest of the broken things, the northron fled - bounding on into the dissipating mist of the morn. 

Hopefully, it cloaked her from his sight as she galloped on - hiding any hurt from sight.

tags for reference
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
Messages In This Thread
RE: All that I am has been given to someone who needed it more - by Necahual - May 27, 2020, 06:56 PM