Moonspear i was born in this ga[m]e, and i will die in this game
spectrelight
260 Posts
Ooc —
We will find them.

Their time is running out.

As it had been, it was the greatest assurance she had in moons, and as the shadowed leader moved closer, Opalia had no reason to doubt this. It came as a strange sense of solace, one balm over the old, festering aches she had harbored. Though it would never erase the damage that had been done, it was only her basal nature to want to take from them what theses wrongdoers had from her--make their own hurt as she had, or worse, it didn't matter anymore. They just needed certain things to play in their favor, and the right information to trickle back from afar. It was a careful balancing act of not compromising themselves (she saw the beauty in being an unexpected problem for their foes) and getting what they needed to know.

It was true that the more trouble they made, the more attention would come. She had not viewed it exactly from that angle yet, and wondered who all else they had brought pain upon.. even those they did not know. Another beam to steel her resolve, especially. Yes--we will get what we need, she said, knowing that she must believe it to be true. If there is a benefit to the distance between us and wherever they hide, they may not know to see us coming, or expect it. Maybe they've made closer enemies than us that may whittle them down? Even if that feels presumptuous, not being something to count on. Either way, we can train, stay sharp, and preserve ourselves in the meantime, the gona noted. The mountain stood strong, and she was glad to be on their side, not against it as more details came forward between the leader and her charge.. until the meeting wound to its close.

As always, there was more to be said, and more importantly, done.. but this was a step forward that Opalia felt was needed, maybe even deserved. They would have what was theirs, someday.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i was born in this ga[m]e, and i will die in this game - by Opalia - September 22, 2020, 01:47 AM