Lion Head Mesa Pangur Bán and I at work
33 Posts
Ooc —
Limit Two 
AW :)
With the blood of the doe staining the grasslands at the feet of the mesa, he sought to lay claim to his first section ot territory within the Kinta Flatlands. He'd felt drawn to the area as he searched for a mountain range to call his own- and found himself flanked by massive peaks on either side, which rose up into the clouds in the distance to the North and South of him. He would prefer to live on those slopes- much more rugged, and bringing with them the promise of food sources such as mountain goats and elk, whereas he had no idea what might be living at the tabletop plain, so he had made a kill at the base of the rise, and had for the most part, consumed it- when the defending champion showed himself. 

What transpired between the two cougars was some time of sizing one another up from a distance, hissing insults and screeching threats until they drew near enough to one another for the flex and arch of Virtute's spine, and the ripple of ample muscle beneath his pelt to prove him to be the superior of the two. With shrieks and yowls echoing off the hillside he chased his smaller opponent away from the territory he claimed in this bloodless, but nevertheless very vocal brawl, sending the younger, smaller male scowling into the flatlands. 

Victorious, he finished what he could of the doe before burying it, and climbed the slope of the mesa, covering the surrendering male's border markings with scent markings of his own- proclaiming himself as the new king of Lion's Head Mesa. Their spat would no doubt have caught the attention of the locals- but he had no fear. Emboldened by his success and fattened by the meal he'd just eaten, the new king leapt into the strong boughs of an ash tree, and sprawled calmly in its embrace so he could watch the sun rise over his new kingdom.
Messages In This Thread
Pangur Bán and I at work - by Virtute - June 20, 2020, 05:20 PM
RE: Pangur Bán and I at work - by Vanity - June 22, 2020, 05:22 AM
RE: Pangur Bán and I at work - by Virtute - June 22, 2020, 11:01 AM
RE: Pangur Bán and I at work - by Vanity - June 23, 2020, 10:58 AM
RE: Pangur Bán and I at work - by Virtute - June 23, 2020, 02:10 PM
RE: Pangur Bán and I at work - by Vanity - June 23, 2020, 02:46 PM
RE: Pangur Bán and I at work - by Virtute - June 27, 2020, 10:15 PM
RE: Pangur Bán and I at work - by Vanity - June 28, 2020, 03:10 PM
RE: Pangur Bán and I at work - by Virtute - July 10, 2020, 12:15 PM
RE: Pangur Bán and I at work - by Vanity - July 11, 2020, 01:48 PM
RE: Pangur Bán and I at work - by Virtute - July 11, 2020, 02:01 PM