Stone Circle ain't never been a gambler 'cause I'm always bound to lose
the rambler
109 Posts
Ooc — Sully
It was interesting to Kincaid that Valette was a leader, a scout, and a hunter — he was sure she had much knowledge to impart, if he only asked. But as she was the matriach here, he thought he might try and ask this West Tyree about hunting instead — that way, he could reserve any conversational time with Valette for things he found more personally interesting: scouting, adventures, the lay of the land.

"I prefer not t'meet 'em 'til they ain't pups anymore," he professed, which was how he felt even toward any of his own possible progeny. (He did not know then that he'd soon be meeting Alsek himself, and that the boy would easily change his mind.) "I did meet Valette at the borders. She sure was kind," he said, hoping he didn't sound as though he was sucking up. He'd spoken of Valette with similar admiration to Eleuthera and Lumiya already, but they, of course, were not in a position for such talk to get back to her.

Things still felt a little stiff with Arlette. He thought he'd see where they were going, try a bit harder to make a connection, and then allow her to be rid of him if she still seemed melancholy. Although solitude was not the best balm for a hurting heart, he knew that sometimes it was the only thing it could take.

"How far will we be able to see?" he asked her, excited to be shown another look-out post. It colored his tone a little, so that it was clear her was pleased even if his countenance didn't change. "I ran into a few packs further north. Do you know anything about them?"
* Kincaid is obviously not a shibe in a cowboy hat. Just a regular, reddish wolf. His avatar is just a silly spiritual portrait.
Messages In This Thread