Stavanger Bay i was raised by the water, by the crippling waves
and the gulls gave me my singing voice
60 Posts
Ooc — markab
Away
All Welcome 
7pm, 52F, light rain. all welcome!! :)

if he is to search, he should keep heading inland.

but yunxu likes routine. none of this is routine – but at least the sea has followed him all the way up from 海龙泻湖. inland – he turns his head, looks from the sweep of the bay to the mountains rising up into cloud, almost lost in the rain – he won’t even have that.

it is ridiculous. he’s an adult and he has a duty to fulfill, even if it takes him away from the water. he would be just as far from home in the forest rolling ahead.

“you are here for a reason,” yunxu says, “and you’ve wasted enough time.” his voice rises, is snatched away by the waves. it’s a surprise to hear mandarin again as more than a terse greeting, though it comes off his own tongue.

lingering in the sand, the dunegrass rustling against itself in the wind, yunxu smooths his tongue awkwardly over the wounds on his shoulder. the seaspray stings as though the teeth that drew them never left.

he thinks, briefly, of the man who put them there –

eyes green as the sea, ink and seafoam, smiling as he bit down. smiling as yunxu tore into him, smiling until he hit the ground.

sequoia coast
english | mandarin
Messages In This Thread
i was raised by the water, by the crippling waves - by Yunxu - August 10, 2020, 12:17 AM