Neverwinter Forest I worked it in to look like that
120 Posts
Ooc — Jess
All Welcome 
He'd never seen anything like it before. Flocks of geese were common this time of year, as they made their way south- but these creatures were different and he felt they were completely out of place, even though they seemed quite happy to have found a nice lake in the middle of the forest. They weren't geese, though- nor were they herons, which was Jackalope's next guess due to their tall legs. Some sort of water bird that was on its way south, and had chosen to stop at the lake with the potential of spending the night there. It was evening, and the birds had settled down, drifting down from the sky making soft cooing sounds as they did so, to land in the shallows of the lake. 

The sounds they'd made while flying had sounded so soft, but now that they had landed and continued to communicate with one another, Jackalope noticed just how noisy they were. They were sandhill cranes, and they were at least as tall as he was long, with a long, sharp beak and a small reddish patch on the top of their heads. Their amber gaze scanned the area, but he remained very still. If they continued to be this loud past nightfall, he fancied running them off just so that the wolves could sleep in the forest in peace...But for now, he was content to sit still and watch them, waiting to make a decision on exactly what they were, and what use they could be.
Messages In This Thread
I worked it in to look like that - by Jackalope - September 27, 2020, 10:56 AM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Vallkyrie - September 29, 2020, 04:23 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Jackalope - September 30, 2020, 03:44 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Nuala - October 01, 2020, 11:22 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Vallkyrie - October 18, 2020, 12:02 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Jackalope - October 18, 2020, 12:22 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Nuala - November 06, 2020, 09:42 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Vallkyrie - November 18, 2020, 02:16 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Jackalope - November 19, 2020, 03:03 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Nuala - November 19, 2020, 08:32 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Vallkyrie - November 20, 2020, 04:24 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Jackalope - November 20, 2020, 07:22 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Nuala - December 06, 2020, 02:09 AM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Vallkyrie - December 18, 2020, 10:17 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Nuala - January 04, 2021, 07:47 PM
RE: I worked it in to look like that - by Vallkyrie - February 07, 2021, 01:36 PM