Neverwinter Forest Baby eat this chicken slow, it's full of all them little bones
120 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Going for a patrol? Well, that had been what Jackalope had been intending to do before Mal came along, but now apparently he not only had company, but he had company who was now extending an invite as though it had been his idea to go for a patrol in the first place. Mal was neither female nor attractive in Jackalope's discerning gaze, which made him disinteresting; but he felt formally obliged to indulge his alpha's request. But not right away. 

"I'm good with standing around awkwardly," He responded simply, flicking his ears forward as he stood right where he was, not staring at Mal, but staring through him. The moment went on almost too long- just as long as Jackalope could stretch it beyond a pause, and into the uncomfortable zone. He remained that way for several seconds before his gaze suddenly sharpened. As if someone had finally thrown on a switch, he winked, smirked, and jerked his head as an invitation. "C'mon, le's go." He said, as though oblivious that he'd more or less just glitched, like an old TV screen. 

"So, Mal," He said, as he'd decided he'd rather not answer the staple questions he figured the alpha might have for him. "I understand we're in-laws of sorts. Family, even," He said, turning his pale grey gaze toward the other. "You're the reason my niece-ephew-lings don't all bear the Blackthorn dorsal stripe," Not that he'd spent much time with them- but he had passed by them near enough to notice that only one of them really had the Blackthorn family's signature marking. Apparently, Mal's genetics had brought a fresh variety of markings and characteristics, that somehow won out over the Blackthorn genes that Aibreann had. Jackalope wasn't exactly impressed, but there wasn't much he could do about it.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Baby eat this chicken slow, it's full of all them little bones - by Jackalope - September 30, 2020, 03:32 PM