Wheeling Gull Isle and i'll be happy to see those nice young men
and the gulls gave me my singing voice
60 Posts
Ooc — markab
Away
UR FINE IM ALSO SLOW ksldgjdsg

yunxu startles a little when she whirls to face him, even though he’s expecting it.

she doesn’t seem too bothered by him. yunxu drops his voice as he draws closer, lifting his chin over the crest of the rock to mirror her posture. “ah – i am yunxu,” he says. she hasn’t seemed confused by the language so much as his appearance; for now he sticks to chinese. “huā’s brother,” he adds after a little pause. it’s meant as more of a reassurance, though the way she turns from him before he’s finished speaking indicates she doesn’t need it.

she’s no adult, but age has never factored into how easy yunxu has found it to talk to anyone when strict rules aren’t involved. he looks between her and the flock of gulls for a moment before he focuses his stare on the birds, unaware of both wolves nearby.

“are you watching for anything in particular?” he asks, watching them as they pick their way over the sand and looking for any injury – a hurt wing would be best. hunting isn't a sport to be won by finding the hardest prey. it's best when things aren't any more difficult than they need to be.

sequoia coast
english | mandarin
Messages In This Thread
and i'll be happy to see those nice young men - by Nǚwū - October 14, 2020, 07:04 PM
RE: and i'll be happy to see those nice young men - by Yunxu - November 06, 2020, 10:58 PM