Kintla Flatlands i hear your voice glide through the cracks
2 Posts
Ooc — Zelos
Robin normally didn't travel with companions. She was perfectly content to watch her own hide, and wasn't sure how to feel about the prospect of having to look out for two other companions. Granted, there was no requirement that she had to, but she wouldn't deny that she felt a certain obligation to do so. At least these two seemed fully capable of taking care of themselves, and all three of them had a certain independence to their personality that likely contributed to their ability to get along as well as they did. "Get along" being a loose term, because Robin wasn't exactly friendly with them by any means. But, they managed to coexist without feeling the need to kill each other, and that was a win in Robin's book.

It was also nice that they didn't constantly need to rely on each other, occasionally breaking away from the trio to forge their own paths. It was usually a brief departure, but Robin was grateful for it regardless. Something about the short reprieves of solitude allowed her to breathe a sigh of relief, relax the tension in her shoulders that she'd only just noticed. Such was the case as Fawna departed, which she only noticed when Nyssa signaled to her. She lifted her head from where it had been angled toward the ground, her gaze settling on the brown femme for a moment as she, too, slipped into the underbrush. Robin's pace slowed slightly, and she lowered her nose back to the earth. The only scents she found belonged to the three of them, which was something of a relief. With evening encroaching, finding a secure place to rest was an important goal, and coming into conflict now would be utterly inconvenient. 

She wasn't sure how long it had been before the silence was broken, Fawna's voice sounding like a distant whisper as she called out Robin's name. Her head lifted immediately, her ears pricked for any other sounds, though the only thing she heard was Nyssa's closer response, just up ahead. As she pushed her way through a thick tangle of ferns and branches, the darker female's form came into sight, and Robin picked up her pace a little to pad beside her. 

"Right behind you," she added, catching a glimpse of Fawna's tail swishing between the underbrush. "You're not rid of us yet." Her apathetic tone suggested that the fact was almost unfortunate in her mind, even if that wasn't completely the case. There were benefits to sticking with a group in unknown lands, and if nothing else, it meant she didn't have to expend as much effort when it came to finding a meal. That was pretty much the only appeal she could see in pack life, though this was likely the extent of what she'd ever be able to tolerate.
Messages In This Thread
i hear your voice glide through the cracks - by Fawna - December 31, 2020, 10:24 AM
RE: i hear your voice glide through the cracks - by Robyn - December 31, 2020, 01:47 PM
RE: i hear your voice glide through the cracks - by Fawna - December 31, 2020, 02:31 PM
RE: i hear your voice glide through the cracks - by Robyn - December 31, 2020, 05:06 PM
RE: i hear your voice glide through the cracks - by Fawna - December 31, 2020, 05:46 PM