Moonspear A return from the dead [AW]
34 Posts
Ooc — Aislin
The statement by Hydra was absorbed and a nod in acknowledgement given. "Never again, m'lady." Kane said, expressing his gratitude, and moved to follow Hydra into the territory. Conquest was released to continue whatever she had been doing at the time, and Kane could now continue with Hydra and return home. Kane listened as Hydra inquired about his time away and how he had healed.
"After the attack with the cougar, I had developed an infection in my shoulder. I'm not sure if it's because the cougar had some disease, or my wounds from the battle had been infected." Kane started to say. "It doesn't matter much now, honestly. What matters is that I had become ill, and weakened, and it took much time to fight off the infection." Kane looked to his left, while Hydra walked on his right, to glance at a gash hidden under his fur. While the way the fur grew in was different, the location of the injury was almost unnoticeable. Only Kane could see, and feel, that he had an injury there. "The infection was like my shoulder was burning, a dull ache seeping deep into my muscles. I often had a fever, and almost unable to eat. I had to force myself to eat carrion and forage for the herbs I knew would help me recover." Kane paused to chuckle briefly. "There were many days I wished I had died, but I knew I had to come back to Moonspear. You'd probably never forgive me, even if I died." Kane continued to walk with Hydra, allowing her to absorb his storytelling. 
"I lost a lot of weight during my time being ill, wondering if I would make it home. I did my best to keep it clean, and I suppose the gods looked at me in favor. I woke up one day with improved appetite and energy, and eventually my strength returned. I waited until I felt I had the strength to make the journey back to ensure what I had was only an infection from a wound, and not a disease the cougar carried." Kane looked at Hydra with a smile. "I may not look the same as I was before, but I can guarantee that I as an individual have not changed, except having become more humble."
Kane was quiet for a moment, allowing a chance for Hydra to talk. Kane watched his feet trudge through the snow as he walked along with her at a pace that was comfortable for them. It was like taking a stroll through the territory, making small talk and enjoying the time together. It didn't feel like Kane was here getting his rank back, but as if he never left the family. It was that feeling of acceptance and welcoming that Kane wanted to project to other new potential, and recently joined, members of the pack. Kane wanted to help be an ambassador to younger generations. Maybe with his return, it was a good time to start that.
Pursuing MercenaryScout Masteries
"Speaking." | -"Singing & shouting."- | Thoughts.
>>Player Policies & Pawprints<<
Messages In This Thread
A return from the dead [AW] - by Kane Ardelean - January 16, 2021, 03:09 PM
RE: A return from the dead [AW] - by Conquest - January 16, 2021, 06:30 PM
RE: A return from the dead [AW] - by Kane Ardelean - January 16, 2021, 08:35 PM
RE: A return from the dead [AW] - by Conquest - January 18, 2021, 05:54 PM
RE: A return from the dead [AW] - by Hydra - January 19, 2021, 12:28 AM
RE: A return from the dead [AW] - by Kane Ardelean - January 21, 2021, 01:32 PM
RE: A return from the dead [AW] - by Hydra - January 26, 2021, 07:18 PM
RE: A return from the dead [AW] - by Kane Ardelean - January 29, 2021, 04:19 PM