Firefly Glen like a soft melody
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
The light of a new day had not yet touched the sky. When it did, it would mark a fresh start once again, as always. It was good to look ahead, to the future, but never to forget the past. Worse, was to drown in it, to let it consume oneself. As she closed her eyes in what was a moment of resignation, of acceptance that she would not see her dark friend again anytime soon, Keyni wondered if she was strong enough not to let such happen to her. "She did not." She murmured quietly with a small shake of her head. "Her scent just got fainter and fainter."

Reopening her eyes again, she drew a breath, one which billowed out softly in the cold night air. She looked ahead, instead of directly at him. But it was clear her undivided attention was his. "This winter has been hard for all of us. It was not what I was expecting with my return to the wilds." Life had a way of throwing curveballs at you. She tried to take them in stride. How he was handling them, Keyni was not so sure.

Uttering a soft hum, an ear flicked towards him. "It is the least I could do. I cannot just simply sit back, and I haven't given up entirely, yet." She turned her head towards him. "At least some good, in Howl, came out of it. Like a silver lining." She wanted to smile, but found that she couldn't. Contemplating him a moment, seeing how ragged and worn he looked, she shifted over a single inch. "This is not what you pictured your life to be like in the Glen, is it?" She asked, with nearly a knowing undertone. Osiris and Atlas had been here in the beginning with him. And here when she arrived. Osiris had been destined to lead, and he had. A tragic turn of events beyond their control had ripped what should have been all away.
Messages In This Thread
like a soft melody - by Antares - February 17, 2021, 02:05 AM
RE: like a soft melody - by Keyni - March 01, 2021, 10:06 PM
RE: like a soft melody - by Antares - March 02, 2021, 01:42 AM
RE: like a soft melody - by Keyni - March 02, 2021, 11:49 PM
RE: like a soft melody - by Antares - March 03, 2021, 03:21 PM
RE: like a soft melody - by Keyni - March 03, 2021, 10:46 PM
RE: like a soft melody - by Antares - March 04, 2021, 01:12 AM
RE: like a soft melody - by Keyni - March 04, 2021, 02:05 PM
RE: like a soft melody - by Antares - March 04, 2021, 04:14 PM
RE: like a soft melody - by Keyni - March 08, 2021, 11:27 PM
RE: like a soft melody - by Antares - March 09, 2021, 01:45 AM