Ouroboros Spine Behind every tree is a cutting machine
165 Posts
Ooc — Jess
She spared little than a moment to look at him- so soon was her gaze stolen away by the limp, proud creature he carried across his shoulders. With a movement careful and slow, he crouched and leaned to the side, allowing the lynx to slide down his shoulder and to the ground. With movements that might reflect the respect he had for the creature's sacrifice, he nosed the lynx onto its side so that it might look as though it had simply lain down for a nap. He knew that keeping the pelt in good condition was important- but also that the body should be treated with respect, as it had once been a vessel for a living creature. 

She said something that he hadn't expected to hear, but when he raised his gaze to her again, there was something nearly impossible to read in her features. She had not mentioned lynxes when she had answered his question about which species were not to be touched. It had been the creature he had wanted to seek out (though he would have settled for a bobcat had one crossed his path first) and bring to her to be processed. Something about her spirit seemed to have been excited by seeing the creature he had slain. He stood aside, allowing her to investigate it, and feel the softness of it fur if she wished. 

"It came to me." He said softly. The lynx had visited his sleeping spot, and had left behind a fresh set of tracks that he'd been able to follow, in order to catch it. "I accepted its sacrifice, gratefully." He said. "It is what I sought, when I asked which species were not to be touched. If this was my test," He said, "This is my result. I have come down from the mountain to be Sivullik."
Messages In This Thread
Behind every tree is a cutting machine - by Adrastus - March 17, 2021, 12:54 PM
RE: Behind every tree is a cutting machine - by Kukutux - March 17, 2021, 08:15 PM
RE: Behind every tree is a cutting machine - by Adrastus - March 18, 2021, 01:31 PM
RE: Behind every tree is a cutting machine - by Kukutux - March 20, 2021, 08:24 PM
RE: Behind every tree is a cutting machine - by Kukutux - March 21, 2021, 01:27 PM
RE: Behind every tree is a cutting machine - by Kukutux - March 25, 2021, 01:27 AM
RE: Behind every tree is a cutting machine - by Kukutux - March 27, 2021, 02:25 PM
RE: Behind every tree is a cutting machine - by Kukutux - March 27, 2021, 07:43 PM
RE: Behind every tree is a cutting machine - by Kukutux - March 29, 2021, 10:37 PM
RE: Behind every tree is a cutting machine - by Kukutux - April 03, 2021, 12:54 AM