Duskfire Glacier Stuck in the middle
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Private 
Time - 5:00 pm Sunday | Weather - light rain | Notes; @Imaq or @Tzila , I'll make another thread for whoever doesn't get to it first! 
Also pardon me for the late/slow replies I have gotten the job I've been after for quite a while, needless to say, I am pretty consumed with it! But slowly and surely I am getting my new schedule together!
Hesitation hung thickly in the air, the flowing water being the dominating noise heard admits birds, wind, rain and the chatters of the woodchucks in the distance. Rye held onto some reservations about hunting since his last attempt, although memories of the accident still failed to find him, the hotah did not wish to make another mistake. Thankfully, the woodchucks were blissfully ignorant of Ryes presence as he hid in-between the tall cattails that littered the bank. The breeze had not betrayed the male since his arrival, it gusted opposite of the hotahs direction. He could deeply smell the groundhogs with each burst of wind, it rumbled his belly but the meal was not for him. One of the three females expecting would be the recipient of his meal, two if the bicolored man could manage to take down both that sat in the stream. The groundhogs both waddled up the stream, closer to him, his body quieted any movements and pulled him closer to the ground. The thudding of his heart echoed in his ears as the pair drew closer, the time to strike was calling and Rye swiftly answered. 
The other escaped but not without wounds to nurse, Ryes own did not scream in agony but merely grumbled at its sudden gosling. The thinner cut along his back was healed, the small wound having a half weeks head start to grow back its fur while his deeper, more harsh shoulder wound had yet to shed its final scab. The outer edges only had small patches of fuzz but nothing substantial enough to cover exposed, scarred flesh. Another scar to add to his growing collection, his first given by a fire and the second given by a woman in a territorial standoff. He was lucky to leave that place alive and lucky to stay alive after enduring a nasty infection. 
Rye began to head back to the glacier, his gait a speedy trot, his bounty hanging by its scruff in his maw. The hotah was hoping to run into Tzila, they had quite the catching up to do and of course Imaq. A weeks passing since their own coupling left Rye worried of if the ivory female would take to pregnancy. There was an incredulous amount of unexpected anxiety that came with the realization that he may be a father. Thoughts he had ruminating in his head for the entirety of the past week, but a budding stem of excitement and joy had planted itself in his chest. Each time his thoughts were brought back to the idea of fatherhood, the buds would fully blossom into pride and fear. A confusing mixture of emotion but ones he accepted as the normal emotional trials of being a first time father. If Imaq became pregnant that is, and Tzila? Well Rye was sure he wouldn't have to worry about being father to her litter, he was so confident that none of the little ones growing within was going to be his. How nuts would that be if it turned out to be the opposite, right?
With the hotah finally setting foot back into glacier territory, he went past polaris icefield and headed towards the cave system in hopes of spotting one of the females on his way there.
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Messages In This Thread
Stuck in the middle - by Rye - May 23, 2021, 10:43 PM
RE: Stuck in the middle - by RIP Tzila - May 26, 2021, 05:52 PM
RE: Stuck in the middle - by Rye - May 27, 2021, 06:51 AM
RE: Stuck in the middle - by RIP Tzila - June 01, 2021, 07:40 PM
RE: Stuck in the middle - by Rye - June 10, 2021, 07:37 PM
RE: Stuck in the middle - by RIP Tzila - June 10, 2021, 08:14 PM
RE: Stuck in the middle - by Rye - June 20, 2021, 06:48 PM
RE: Stuck in the middle - by RIP Tzila - June 21, 2021, 12:03 PM
RE: Stuck in the middle - by Rye - July 03, 2021, 09:19 PM