Duskfire Glacier Don't go sharing your devotion, lay all your love on me
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Sorry for the wait, thanks for your patience! <3

The yearlings excitement radiated off her and onto him, but it still left him a bit sheepish, if not for his fur a pinkish hue could be seen across his cheeks. In some strange way he didn't really understand the hotah felt honored to be given such abundant interest, as if he had been starved of it for years despite the opposite being the case. His joy could not be expressed by only a humble smile, rather a multitude of things, like the sway of his tail, the rapid thumping of his heart, and the heightened stiffness in his ears. He didn't imagine their conversation turning out the way it has but his complaints were nowhere to be found.
"Okay, okay, I'll tell you." He laughed partly through his words. There was a sense of foreignness to the situation but Rye was eager to welcome it with open arms, being heard by a partial stranger was liberating. "The details are mainly me not letting my soon to be know I have to take that journey, I didn't want to worry her, so I made the selfish decision to not tell her. Now if I do I think I will be blindsiding her, I've really put myself in some fire water." He sighed, pausing a moment to let what he said settle in Meerkats mind. "The journey, it has to do with hiking atop the highest mountain within range of where ones chosen agreed to be with them. It can't be a tiny little thing, it has to be big, dangerous and impossible to climb. Why? Because if you are willing to climb the biggest, most scary mountain in the land for someone you love then no issue from then on can be too great to overcome. Supposedly a show of someone's love." From excited, to partly troubled, to finally somber, his range of emotions had dipped so fast even the man himself was left dizzy. Rye loved Imaq greatly, there wasn't a doubt in his mind she was worth the journey but sometimes even love had a hard time quelling anxiety. "I never questioned why I have to do this, it was normal in my birth pack and I never bothered. Too busy playing or whatever."       

"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Messages In This Thread