Wild Berry Meadow I'm a stitch away from making it
2 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
stuck it in the middle so you can toss either of your boys in it! @Foxfur
Willowsong crouched in the thick grass, head low over the berries as if hiding his current experiment might make it feel any less foolish. There wasn't anyone around to see it, but he feared being caught anyway. It was stupid, really, the whole thing was stupid. He would have been better off hunting, even if all he caught was a rat or a weasel. The thing was, he really didn't want to hunt. He really, really, really didn't want to. His legs ached and his back was stiff, and he knew it was his fault for oversleeping but... well, what else was there to do?
No sign of Crowfeather, as far as he could tell. Willowsong was alone, and a poor tracker anyhow, so he didn't expect to be anything but alone for the foreseeable future. There was no reason to do anything but the bare minimum. Survive. It sucked. He rolled one of the berries around in his mouth, then bit into it and grimaced at the flavor. It seemed edible, at least, but suddenly the effort of eating didn't seem very worth it at all, and then his stomach clenched with panic at the sudden realization that maybe they were poisonous, and then he really didn't want them.
He spat the berry into the grass, nauseous and fearful and heavy in the limbs. Stupid, stupid, stupid. He should have hunted. He shouldn't have been so lazy. It was the same old story, only now there was no one to pick up the slack when he faltered. He turned away from the berries, looking for a place to wait — either for death, or sleep.
Messages In This Thread
I'm a stitch away from making it - by Willowsong - August 19, 2021, 11:53 AM
RE: I'm a stitch away from making it - by Maggie - August 19, 2021, 11:58 AM
RE: I'm a stitch away from making it - by Foxfur - August 19, 2021, 12:10 PM
RE: I'm a stitch away from making it - by Maggie - September 08, 2021, 06:50 PM
RE: I'm a stitch away from making it - by Foxfur - September 09, 2021, 05:14 PM
RE: I'm a stitch away from making it - by Maggie - September 10, 2021, 05:19 PM
RE: I'm a stitch away from making it - by Foxfur - September 10, 2021, 05:29 PM
RE: I'm a stitch away from making it - by Maggie - September 10, 2021, 05:34 PM
RE: I'm a stitch away from making it - by Foxfur - September 10, 2021, 05:47 PM
RE: I'm a stitch away from making it - by Maggie - September 10, 2021, 08:39 PM
RE: I'm a stitch away from making it - by Willowsong - September 11, 2021, 12:16 PM
RE: I'm a stitch away from making it - by Foxfur - September 14, 2021, 10:23 AM
RE: I'm a stitch away from making it - by Maggie - September 15, 2021, 09:24 AM