Noctisardor Bypass i praise the earth and the sky and the moon
and now i take the pretty little night time scene off the rails, lmaoooo

witch cackle-giggled again as her sister's mismatched eyes went cross-eyed, and it was in that where the pale sister found her own jealousy— everything about druid was unique, and that was so much more interesting than looking like everyone else in the family. but they kept their jealousies to themselves, and though they weren't meaning to, in that they were keeping some of their love from each other.

bracelet— and cleetus— were sources of jealousy, too, but witch did her best to keep that to herself. perhaps if she was not such an optimist, believing her own familiar would come when the time was right, it would have led to tantrums and arguments. instead, she looked wistfully at the snake that sat upon druid's head like a living crown.

oh, she responded to her sister's very practical answer, unable to hide some disappointment. witch had wanted a story, but druid was much too interested in facts for that. they balanced each other well. she yawned, still fighting against the sleep that threatened to take her the longer they spent the night awake, but—

what if, she posited, they used to be wriggling worms made of dirt, and to get big and beautiful like bracelet, they had to FIGHT and EAT each other and other bugs? witch took a breath, then launched into another idea, or what if snakes are really wolves— or the babies of babies of BABIES of wolves, because that far back seemed like eons to the youngling, that made the earth so angry that it took their legs and their ears and their fur so that they had to wiggle around everywhere instead? that would be so COOL.
members of rivenwood are welcome to minorly powerplay witch for continuity and cohesion; please just tag me! i will do my best to jump into tagged threads as often as i can.

current age ·

may 24 eyes open
may 27 milk teeth come in, begin weaning
june 3 standing & walking
june 8 ears perk up, play fighting begins
june 11 hearing & more teething
june 16 leave den accompanied
june 23 first words
july 7 eyes begin to change, limited vocabulary
july 14 allowed to be outside but close to den w/o supervision
july 17 allowed to roam pack territory w/o supervision
august 4 rapid growth begins; start losing milk teeth
august 12 fluent speaking
september 1 eyes fully transition to chartreuse
december 12 "young adult"
february 12 enter adult ranks
march 12 first heat
Messages In This Thread
i praise the earth and the sky and the moon - by Witch - August 29, 2021, 09:07 PM
RE: i praise the earth and the sky and the moon - by Witch - August 31, 2021, 09:27 PM
RE: i praise the earth and the sky and the moon - by Witch - September 01, 2021, 11:59 AM
RE: i praise the earth and the sky and the moon - by Druid - September 01, 2021, 01:43 PM
RE: i praise the earth and the sky and the moon - by Witch - September 01, 2021, 03:06 PM
RE: i praise the earth and the sky and the moon - by Druid - September 01, 2021, 08:26 PM
RE: i praise the earth and the sky and the moon - by Witch - September 08, 2021, 07:00 PM